eight

The Next Day

The Next Day

I don't know if it's the sunlight shining so bright over my eyes or the fact that I'm sweating profusely underneath this very plush blanket that is lying on top of me but I am very much awake and I don't even remember falling asleep.

Keeping my eyes closed, I snuggle into the warm blanket. I didn't even know the hotel's sheets could somehow be better than the ones I have at home. If it were up to me I'd be staying here 24/7.

The scent in this room however is strong. I grab the fluffy material and scrunch it up in my hands holding it close to my face as I sniff the blankets and conclude that the smell isn't coming from there.

It smells like something similar to musk. If I didn't know any better I'd say that it's men's cologne. Which wouldn't make any sense because the only kind of perfume that Paola and I brought was Chanel No.5.

I turn my body over onto my left side as I lay my head back softly on the pillow. The sun shines a lot brighter on this side and it causes me to open both of my eyes.

I'm met with another pair of hazel eyes upon opening my own and this causes me to scream loudly as I jump up from my bed into a seated position looking at the intruder with wide eyes only see that it's the rude guy from my math class.

He's sitting on the window seat next to the bed as he cracks his ring-clad fingers. The curtains are wide open as the view on the other side is revealed. The sunlight kisses and shines upon the surface of his bare chest as I'm re-introduced to the tattooed sleeves I had already seen. One of his hands are bruised and covered in bandages as the other is now resting on his knee as he looks at me with an almost bored expression,

"Do I even want to know why you were inhaling my sheets?" he says in a bored tone. "And by the way, you snore in your sleep, a bit loudly too. I was afraid we'd get a noise complaint from the neighbors." he looks down to play with his hands again as my mouth drops in shock.

I decide against not confronting him on it and I choose to ask, "What are you doing in my hotel room?"

"Your hotel room?" he asks as I nod "Look around, princess. Does this look like Trivago?"

My eyes move from his intimidating stare as I actually do look around to see that this room is ten times bigger than the room that Paola and I were originally staying in. "Where am I?" I narrow my eyes at him.

He rolls his eyes, "I think I'll let you figure that one out yourself." he crosses his arms as he leans back against the closed window.

I look down at the sheets to see that I was rolling in navy blue blankets that are satin on the top but soft and fluffy on the inside. I lift up the sheets to notice that I'm not wearing my own clothes.

I'm in a large solid-grey shirt that goes all the way down mid-thigh and I immediately become alarmed.

My eyes jump from his to the sheets again as I lift them up in utter disbelief.