thirty-nine

Part 1

Part 1

I was sitting in class as Mr.Maddow was lecturing again today. He was going over some stuff about the unit circle since someone had asked a question and then he decided to go on a Tangent going into details so we weren't working in our workbooks at the end of class today.

I can't wait to go home today because today's been so long but today is a Tuesday so I have to stay after with Mr.Maddow again to grade homework and classwork assignments. I'd rather be doing anything else but the extra credit is worth it, I guess. Not that I need it but if my parents ended up hearing about the fact that I was offered it, I'd have to face interrogation about why I'm jeopardizing my grades.

The bell for class rang and Mr.Maddow paused his lecture sighing saying, "Ok, I hope you guys understood. If you need any assistance outside of class, shoot me an email. I'd be glad to help." as he says this half the class has already left, as I've started packing up to leave myself. I turn to my right to say goodbye to Paola and I surprised to see that she's sitting there so casually, In no rush to leave for once.

Raising an eyebrow I say, "You know you're going to be late right?" I say and she shakes her head as she looks at me resting her head on her fist, tilting her head to the side, "Ryan is still hospitalized so I am going to take you on a date with me to Mcdonalds." she smiles widely grabbing my arm and shaking me

"Um no. you're not. And I can't even stay here talking to you because I'm going to be late to class so have fun skipping," I say lowering my voice because I don't want Maddow to hear me as my friend attempts to peer pressure me with food.

"I'm going too. You should come along, Karma. It won't hurt to skip class for one day. It's not like you're not passing." I hear Justine say from behind me and I'm not even surprised that she's gone along with this too.

"I really don't think I should. I'm gonna miss something in my next class and I barely know anyone in there. So I'll be going to take some notes and you guys can bring me back a McChicken." Paola rolls her eyes and goes to speak before we hear Mr.Maddow's voice cutting her off.

"Are you ladies okay?" He says causing us to turn and look over at him to notice that he's mainly staring at me. I guess he expects me to answer but Justine does it for me anyway, "Yeah we're all good we're just heading to class." she smiles widely as Paola grabs my stuff and he continues to interrogate as he crosses his arms and I'm almost sure he knows she's lying but he doesn't question it, "You guys are going to be late, you've been here for a while. I'll write you guys a pass." he says beginning to get the stack of familiar rectangular green paper and writing three individual passes for each of us, ripping it from the pad one by one handing it to all of us, forgetting to write the time that we left his class on it.

I'm about to tell him when I say, "Hey, Mr.Maddow. You forgot to write the ti--"

"Thank you, Mr.M! We'll get going now!" Paola cuts me off dragging me out of class holding onto my arm as she walks in front of me leading me out the door with Justine behind me. I turn back to look at Mr.Maddow as I'm being rushed out to see him grinning at all of us as we leave.