Chapter Thirty-Seven

Lillie

"Lillie, we have to do something!" I heard Moon shout over to me.

"What is it?" I groggily asked, for I had just woken up from a nap mere moments ago.

"We obviously haven't been doing enough to make Hau and (Name) an official couple!"

I sighed softly, rubbing some of the sleep from my eyes.

"What makes you say that?"

"(Name)'s planning to hang out with Sun on Tuesday; they really seem to be getting along. Too well."

This immediately helped me wake up as I frowned.

"Are you serious?!"

"Yeah; but I have a plan to help Hau be the one who ends up with (Name)."

"Well, don't keep me in suspense. What is it!?"

"Well..."

Hau

As I was eating breakfast, I heard a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it." I called out, before rushing to the front door.

Although, once I saw that it was Lillie and Moon, I frowned. I was really hoping that it would be my Cupcake (Name)....

"Can I help you with something?"

"No; but we can help you." Moon stated, confusing me.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, leaning against the frame of the front door.

"We want to help you find your true love!" Lillie stated enthusiastically.

I raised an eyebrow. These girls were already weird, but this was really weird.

"And who exactly would this 'true love' be?"

"(Name) (Last Name)." Moon answered without hesitation.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in what they had to say.

"Come on in."

Reader

Good morning! It feels so nice to be able to sleep in for once.

Getting ready for the day, I watched (Show) on my phone as I ate my basic breakfast of (Cereal).

Today should be pretty calm; something I really need.

Gladion

As I was finishing my breakfast, my mother approached me.

"Gladion, can we talk for a moment?"

I had no reason to refuse.

"Sure."

Heading to her room, I couldn't help but wonder what she wanted to discuss. We never went to her room unless it was something important.

"Son, you need to find someone to love." She stated so seriously, taking me immediately off guard.

As such, I wasn't sure how to respond.

"Sadly, of all the girls I've seen you interact with, there's only been one who seems to be fitting for such a role."

"And who would that be?" I questioned, finding this trail of conversation a bit awkward to be having.

"(Name) (Last Name)."

Good thing she approves. Not like she'd have a choice in the matter.

"You should be grateful son; I'm going to teach you what you need to do to gain her affection."

I guess I might as well hear her out. What's the worst that could happen?

Sun

As I was outside watering our plants in the front yard, I saw a car park in our driveway. To my surprise, it was (Name)'s grandparents who were in the car.

Approaching the car, they lowered their car windows.

"Can I help you with something?" I questioned, having put down my watering hose.

"It might seem presumptuous of us to ask, but we want you to take care of our granddaughter." The grandma stated.

"What do you mean? Is she alright?" I asked, already beginning to think of all the horrible things that might have happened.

"No, no. She's not hurt." The grandpa stated, earning a sigh of relief from me.

"Sorry for worrying you," The grandma began, "We simply want you to be there for our precious granddaughter. Never betraying her and such."

Ah, I see. They want me to be the one always by her side. I can't complain about having someone on the inside wanting our relationship to last.

"Do you mind if we talk inside? We'd like to discuss further what we mean by that?"

A smile made its way to my face as I nodded.

"Of course. Come on inside; I'll prepare some tea for you."

Hau and Gladion don't stand a chance if I have (Name)'s family helping me.