Chapter Thirty-Nine

Reader

That was... Quite a satisfying meal. The flavors seemed to dance on the tip of my tongue, and I just knew I wouldn't be forgetting the meal for a while. Although, I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty when the waiter brought Gladion the bill.

"How much?" I curiously asked.

Gladion smiled softly.

"Nothing I can't handle." He stated, placing some bills inside and closing it, so I couldn't see how much he paid.

"Just how much cash do you keep on you at a time?" I questioned.

"In cash... At least a couple hundred. Although if I'm taking Lillie shopping it can get into the thousands."

... This isn't fair.

Once the waiter returned and took the bill, the two of us exited the restaurant, where the limo was just entering the parking lot. The car ride back was mostly quiet, and before I knew it we were back at Gladion's place.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" I inquired as I exited Lillie's closet, now in my regular clothes.

"Come with me." He said, leading me to his room's balcony.

Stars had already started showing up, the moon's light illuminating on our figures.

"I need to tell you something important (Name)." Gladion whispered quietly, his voice sounding serious, yet not at the same time.

Was that nervousness in his voice?

I had to admit that when he snapped his fingers, I was a bit startled. But I soon understood what that meant, as fireworks immediately began to fire. In the sky, the message 'I love you (Name)!' was clearly created.

I had to take a moment to realize and take in what that meant.

"You're special (Name). Unlike so many people I've met, you're not fake. But most of all, I want you to be happy. I'm confident I can be the one to make you happy. Will you allow me to do so?"

My nerves immediately came into play at such a proposal.

"I-I don't know what to say... Or even how to respond. This is going so quickly, and I-"

Gladion softly took my hands in his.

"It's alright; I understand. Take all the time you need; I'll wait for your answer; no matter how long it takes."

I nodded softly, desperate to remove the blush on my face.

"So, um.... Is there anything else you need to discuss...?" I questioned, desperate to talk about something that wouldn't leave me a flustered mess.

Gladion shook his head.

"Not necessarily. I'm assuming you'll want to go home after what I've said now anyway?"

I nodded softly, even though I felt guilty about doing so.

"Yeah... Plus, I'll admit I'm a bit tired."

Gladion smiled softly, letting go of my hands.

"That's perfectly understandable. I'm going to go get the limo set up; join me when you feel ready."

And with that, he left me to gaze at the stars alone.

I'm not sure what to do in a situation like this. Gladion's great... and he's been a wonderful friend... But to consider moving into a romantic relationship... I'm not entirely sure if I'm ready for that?

Why must love always be so confusing?

Lillie

I can't believe it... Gladion actually confessed to (Name)! How did I not anticipate this happening?!

I quickly grabbed my nearby phone, dialing Moon's number.

"Hey Lillie, do you-"

"Gladion just confessed to (Name)!" I exclaimed.

Moon went silent for a moment. Honestly, I didn't blame her.

"That little bitch thinks she can steal MY Gladion from ME?"

Even with just the tone to go by, I could tell Moon was full of fury and rage.

"I think we should go with Plan B." I calmly suggested.

"I'll tell him."

Without giving me a chance to speak, Moon hung up on me. She must be devastated by what's happened.

I'm sorry (Name), but you can't be with my brother.

Hau

As I was eating a malasada, I received a text from Moon. Frowning, I opened it.

Gladion just confessed to (Name). Unless you want to lose her, you'll have to act fast.

...

Gladion...

How dare you try to take (Name) away from me! You will pay for that confession. But for now, I must focus on (Name) and winning her over...

Sun

I frowned softly as I closed the door to my room.

So, Gladion's made the first move...

Well, I'll admit this may be a slight setback, but it's not going to be something that will ruin my chances in the long run.

(Name), I will make you mine. Wait for me, Princess.