Chapter Forty-Two

Reader

"Well, what did he say?" My grandma inquired, trying to peer over my shoulder.

I managed to slip away from her curious eyes.

"He was alright with this arrangement; happy even."

Grandma smiled, pushing the already-packed suitcase towards me. She didn't have to, but she had helped me pack what I'd need for two days.

"That's good. The first part of your plan's in action. Just remember..." She made sure I had the handle for the suitcase before lightly nudging me out of the house, "You're still too young to sleep with any boys. Don't go and end up pregnant-"

"Alright! Bye grandma!" I shouted, quick to hurry away from the front door, the chuckles of my grandma barely reaching my ears.

Did she seriously have to say that? I'm not stupid. And all that does is embarrass me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I apologize for not letting you inside upon your arrival. As someone who serves this elite family, I am ashamed for not recognizing you upon first glance."

I smiled softly.

"It's no biggie. You're just trying to keep everyone safe. There's no harm with that. But do you happen to know where Gladion is?"

"He should be in his room. He wanted to personally set up everything for your visit."

Gripping the handle of my suitcase, I headed towards the stairs.

"Thank you!"

Once up the stairs, I found Gladion's room, and knocked. I didn't want to intrude in case he wasn't ready.

"Gladion, it's me, (Name). May I come on in?"

A few moments later I was answered by a click and the door opening.

"Sorry about that. I didn't want to be interrupted while I set up so I had the door locked." Gladion explained as I entered his room.

"It's alright. I can understand wanting to work in peace. Um... Is there anywhere in particular you want me to put my stuff?" I questioned, taking a moment to look around Gladion's room.

"Anywhere's fine. I don't have a preference."

And so, I simply placed it in a corner of the room, not wanting to take up empty space.

"Are you hungry? I had some snacks prepared in advance in case you got hungry on your way here." Gladion explained, fluffing a pillow that had previously rested on the couch.

"I hate to admit it... But I forgot to eat lunch. So... Snacks may not be enough to satisfy my appetite." I admitted, already regretting what I said.

Gladion frowned softly, placing the pillow down.

"That's alright. What're you in the mood for; I'll send an order down to the chef for you."

"... (Food).."

Gladion smiled softly, picking up his nearby phone.

"How about you pick out a movie while we're waiting for the food to be finished. We can watch it while we eat." He said, tossing the nearby TV remote to me.

"Thanks." I said, catching the remote, "Are you sure you're up for anything?"

He nodded, using his hand to cover the phone, "Whatever movie you want I'll watch. I'm open-minded."

I could smile at this.

Time to watch (Movie)....!