Chapter Eleven

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

Art had just ended, and Hau was walking me to gym.

"Shame that I won't get to see you for two classes. I'll really miss you." Hau sadly said.

How cute!

"Well, I'll miss you too. But, we'll just have to live on." I said in a dramatic way.

Hau and I then laughed.

We then arrived at the gym, and Hau left.

I then headed onto the girl's locker, and got changed.

After doing so, I entered the gym to see what looked like an argument.

And... Gladion was in it!

I quickly ran up to them, to see that they weren't arguing at all. They were just... Talking...?

"I challenge you to a one-on-one basketball match!" A student said.

"Oh really? I see. Well, what're your terms Aaron?" Gladion said in a calm manner.

"Select a girl, and whoever wins get to go on a date with her!" Aaron said.

... That's sure some odd terms...

"Why such odd terms?" Gladion asked.

"Well, whoever you pick is who you like, and I'd love to take that someone from you. After all, you're the one who took my spot on all of the sport's teams, so go ahead and pick a girl... If you dare." Aaron said, before crossing his arms.

Gladion then looked around, as if trying to spot someone specific.

"I pick (y/n) (y/l/n)." Gladion said, while pointing to me.

Wait... What?!

"The new girl? Well, I never thought you'd pick her. But, I must say, she is a real cutie. (y/n)'s your name, right? Well, I can't wait to go on a date with you." Aaron said.

Okay, I'm not a prize to win!

I quickly walked up to Gladion, and grabbed his shoulders, and turned him to face me.

"Just what do you think you're doing?!" I exclaimed.

"Going through with a bet." Gladion responded.

"With me as the prize! Why not just turn him down?" I questioned.

"Well, I have a reputation to keep." Gladion explained.

"I get that. But, why me!?" I questioned.

"Isn't it obvious? Because... You're the only girl who's real. All the other girls are fake. I don't want to go on a date with a fangirl. I want to go on a date with a real person." Gladion explained.

Does this mean Gladion likes me?

Nah! I bet he only likes me as a friend. After all, I just met him a few days ago. There's no way he could already like me.

"Alright, alright! Everyone calm down! Start running!" The teacher ordered.

Students groaned, before walking away.

"I'm sorry, but you'll have to have your game outside school hours." The teacher added.

More groans.

"Until then." Aaron said.

Gladion nodded, before walking away.

I caught up to him, and expressed my concerns.

"What'll happen if you lose, huh? I don't want to have my first date with someone I don't even know!" I explained.

"Don't worry; I won't lose." Gladion reassured me.

... I so hope he's completely sure about that...

Sorry that this chapter's a bit short... Hope you're still happy regardless. Later! =^-^=