Chapter Twenty-Two

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

School's finally over, and it's time for auditions... And I'm insanely nervous.

"Don't worry, you'll do great." Sun reassured me.

How could he tell that I was nervous?

It was then time for Sun to go. And when he performed, he was absolutely amazing.

... And so was Gladion...

... And Hau...

... How could I possibly compete?!

"(y/n) (y/l/n)." I heard the teacher say.

Eep! Guess it's my turn. Here goes nothing.

***

Well, I think my audition didn't go too badly. I may have messed up once or twice, but nothing major or too bad.

"(y/n), you ready?" Gladion asked.

"For...?" I asked, completely confused.

"Our date."

Oh right... Gladion won the bet...

"Yeah, I guess so. It's just that I haven't ever been on a date before, so this is really new to me. But I have watched enough shows so that I know what not to do." I admitted.

"Yeah, it's my first date too, so you're not alone."

I'm quite surprised. Gladion hasn't been on a date before... Didn't expect that.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"It's up to you." Gladion answered.

"Hm... How about we go to the beach? I haven't seen it since we met, and I've wanted to see it again ever since then."

"Sure."

"But first... We should probably get some swimsuits in case we want to go swimming." I said.

"If you want, we could buy new ones, instead of going to the effort of going home." Gladion suggested.

"But that's more money-"

"(y/n), I'm rich. I can afford two swimsuits." Gladion said.

Oh right. How do I keep forgetting that he's rich?

I sighed in defeat.

"Fine."

Gladion nodded, before leading me to the mall.

There, we bought ourselves new swimsuits (with Gladion paying, of course).

Once we had done so, we headed towards the beautiful beach.

Luckily for us, the beach wasn't very busy today. Odd, since it's a Friday...

"Come on Gladion, catch me if you can!" I said, as I put my things down, and ran into the ocean.

Gladion quickly put his things down, before running after me.

Gladion was quickly able to catch me, and tossed me into the air.

"Ah!" I screamed, fearing at the impact of the water, and possible ground.

To my surprise, Gladion caught me.

Once I had gotten over the shock, I scowled.

"Why did you throw me? What if you hadn't caught me?"

"I was just trying to surprise you. And for your information, I'd never let you go, or drop you." Gladion said.

"I'll keep you to your word."

Gladion smirked.

"Understood." Gladion said with a fake salute, using his free hand.

I smiled.

We then headed back to the sandy beach, and built a sand castle.

While doing so, we talked about random things.

"So, what's it like to be rich? I've always been curious about that."

"Well, it sure has its perks, such as being able to buy what you need, and live very comfortable. But... There is the responsibility of living up to my mother's expectations, which is a bit rough. I wonder if I would still have to live up to those expectations if we weren't rich." Gladion explained.

"Sounds rough."

"Yeah. But what can you do?"

"Guess you can't do anything." I admitted, as we finished our sand castle.

Gladion and I then stood back and admired our sand castle.

"I better take a picture before the water washes it away." I said, before grabbing my phone from my bag, and taking a lovely photo.

"So, what would you like to do now?" Gladion asked.

"If I had to be honest, I'm a bit hungry." I admitted.

"Well, it's a good thing I bought some food before coming here."

"Wait, you brought food?!" I questioned.

"Yeah. I bought a few snacks while waiting for you to find a swimsuit." Gladion explained.

"Okay. What snacks did you buy?"

"Just some (Food you like), with (drinks you enjoy)." Gladion said.

"Sweet! Then let's eat!"

Gladion nodded, before pulling out the food and drinks.

We then feasted on the delicious food and refreshing drinks.

At this point in time, it was beginning to get dark, as the sun was setting.

"We should head home now. It's getting dark." I said.

Gladion nodded, before helping me pack up things.

We then walked home, which was about a ten-minute walk.

"Thanks for this date, Gladion. I really enjoyed it." I said.

"Glad to hear. I'm always willing to go on a date with you, if you ever want to go on another one." Gladion said, as we approached my home.

"I'll keep that in mind. Goodnight." I said, before entering my home.

"So... how was the date?" Grandpa asked me.

"It was nice."
"Good. Because if he mistreated you in any way..." Grandpa warned.

"No need to get violent, Grandpa."

"We're just looking out for you." Grandma said.

"I know, I know. Well, I'm going to go shower the sand off of me. Then I'll probably head to bed. Night!" I said, before heading to my room.

Today sure has been fun. Wonder if tomorrow will be just as fun...

Hello everyone! Hope you're all enjoying the story. Sorry it took a while to update. Unfortunately, I'm dealing with some trouble I'd like to call 'Having too many stories ongoing and not having enough time or patience to write all of them.' Basically, I'm dealing with the stress of keeping 10 (more if you include little stories like one-shots/poetry, etc) ongoing, and not having written all of the entire story except for one (but still having to type it up on the computer). So yeah... I'm not trying to make an excuse to you readers. I'm just trying to explain my situation in hopes that you'll understand. Anyway... Enough babbling about my life. Later! =^-^=