Chapter Fifteen

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

School is finally over! Yay!

"Hey Sun, Gladion, Hau, do you think that we should work on our auditions some more? Like go to Gladion's place again?" I suggested.

"We would, but we must work on our newest music video." Sun sadly said.

"Actually, I can't." Gladion said.

"Why not?" Hau asked.

"I have to beat Aaron in a basketball game." Gladion explained.

... Oh, right...

"So, you're going to ditch us for a stupid bet?!" Sun questioned.

"Sorry." Gladion said.

Hau and Sun sighed.

"Well, I guess it can't be helped. Guess we'll have to practice without you then." Hau said.

Hau and Sun then left.

"Gladion, mind if I come and cheer you on? I really want you to win. I'd rather you win so I don't have to go on a date with Aaron." I questioned.

"Sure." Gladion said.

I then texted my grandparents to let them know I'd be home a bit later.

Gladion and I then headed to the outside basketball court.

There, Aaron and a few other students were waiting for us.

"Ready to lose?" Aaron asked Gladion.

"Let's just get this out of the way. This is just a task that can be easily done." Gladion responded.

Aaron frowned.

"It won't be as easy as you think. Let's start." Aaron said.

I then sat on the bleachers, hoping for the best.

IT was decided that it'd be a 3-mintue game. Whoever earned the most points would win.

As I watched the game go out, I noticed Gladion winning, but looking tired.

That's right! He didn't eat lunch because of me! He must be starving!

"Come on Gladion! You can do it!" I shouted with enthusiasm.

Gladion... Please win...

-Gladion's P.O.V-

As I was beginning to tire out, I heard (y/n) should words of encouragement.

Despite being hungry and feeling faint, I will win! I can't afford to lose!

I quickly used all my strength to completely dominate the game. In a mere three minutes, I scored 37 points, while Aaron only scored five.

You proud of me (y/n)?

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

Wow... Gladion completely crushed Aaron.

"How could I lose so badly?" Aaron asked himself.

"Next time, don't waste my time. Come on (y/n), I bet we can still make it to the studio in time to get at least 30 minutes to practice." Gladion said, before leading me away.

"But I'm no singer." I said.

"Well, I won't say I'd agree, since I haven't heard you sing before. But, I was just trying to invite you to see into the life of a star." Gladion explained.