Chapter Twenty-Five

-(y/n)'s P.O.V-

As I was watching (TV/Anime/Movie/etc.), I heard a knock on the door.

Must be Hau for our date.

I then answered the door, to see that it was indeed Hau.

"Hey! You ready for our date?" Hau asked.

"Yep. I'm leaving now!" I shouted to my parents, before closing the door from behind me.

"If you don't mind, I've already planned out something we could do for our date." Hau said.

"That's fine. What is it?"

"Well, I was thinking that we could go to my place, and learn how to make malasadas, and perhaps watch some movies... If that works for you." Hau suggested.

"That sounds like an amazing idea! Let's go!" I said, before letting Hau lead me to his place.

When we arrived, I saw that Hau had set up everything we could possibly need to make the malasadas.

"Wow, you really made sure we were prepared." I said in awe.

"Yep! I wanted to make sure we weren't missing anything!" Hau explained with a smile.

"Well, let's get to work! What's the first step?" I asked.

Hau nodded, before pulling out the recipe.

***

"There we go." Hau said, as we put the malasadas in the oven.

"Can't wait for them to be done."

"Me either. I just wonder what we do with the extra ingredients that we didn't use that are already out?"

... Idea!

"Well, I don't know about you... But I think we need to have a... Food fight!" I explained, before throwing some flour at Hau.

Hau smiled, before pulling out a handful of sugar, and throwing the sugar at me.

I wasn't able to dodge, and got completely covered in sugar.

"Guess you could say that I'm as sweet as sugar now." I said, before laughing.

Hau also laughed.

"But I will win!" I said, before pulling out the bowl of extra dough.

Hau's eyes widened.

"Ah!" Hau shouted, as he tried to dodge my 'dough attacks'.

Sadly, ducking only made it worse, as dough made it in his hair...

... That'll be hard to clean out...

"Oh dear... Hau, I'm so sorry!"

"It's alright. It's nothing a LOT of perseverance can't handle. If you'll excuse me, I must go wash this out of my hair." Hau said, before running off towards the bathroom.

That's when I realized that Hau left me to clean up the kitchen by myself...

"No fair!" I exclaimed.

***

After a long clean-up, Hau finally came back with his hair all cleaned out, with no signs of dough in it.

"Thanks for leaving me to clean the kitchen." I sarcastically said.

Hau looked confused for a second, and then...

"(y/n), I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to... Please forgive me!" Hau begged on his knees.

He was just too cute.

"Alright, I'll forgive you... If you let me pick the first movie..." I said.

"Deal!" Hau said, before leading me to the room with comfortable-looking couches, and a giant TV.

"Sweet place Hau." I said, before jumping on one of the couches.

Ah... So soft and comfortable...

"So, what movie do you want?" Hau asked.

"How about... (Favorite horror movie)?" I suggested.

"The horror movie?" Hau asked, sounding slightly scared.

"Yep. You scared?" I questioned.

Hau gulped.

"N-No..." Hau stuttered.

"Then prove it." I said, while turning off the lights.

Now the only light was coming from the TV.

As Hau sat down, he sat next to me, and latched onto my arm.

I smiled.

This movie's going to be a lot of fun... Not because of the movie necessarily, but because of Hau's show the he'll put on for me...

... I can't wait!

***

Ding!

"Oh, look like that's the-"

I was cut off by Hau saying, "I'll get it!" and leaving the room.

All I could do was laugh.

When Hau eventually did come back, he had two malasadas on a plate.

"Which one's for me?" I questioned.

"Whichever one you want." Hau explained.

"Alright then." I said, before selecting my malasada, and started to eat it.

... So yummy!

***

"The movie's finally over!" Hau exclaimed, as the credits started playing.

Hau even started to do a celebratory dance.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hau, what time is it?" I questioned.

"4:57pm... Why?" Hau asked.

"So, I came here at 10am... Hm..."

"What is it?"

"I told my parents I'd be home by 5 to help them with dinner!"

Hau's eyes widened once he realized what was going on.

"I'll take you through the quickest route." Hau said, as we both put our shoes on.

Once we did so, we ran towards my house the fastest our bodies could take us.

"Thanks for the date, Hau. Wish it could be longer, but... Sorry! Bye!" I said in a hurry, before entering my home.

"You barely made it." Grandma said.

"But I did."

"Fair enough. Ready to help with dinner?" Grandma asked.

"Yep."

And so that's what I did.

Hello! Sorry for taking so long to update! Hope you aren't too mad at me. I've just been stressed with updating so many stories, school, and moving lately. Hope you can understand. Later! =^-^=