Chapter Thirty-Eight

Reader

I just don't understand this; just where did my grandparents go? They didn't leave any kind of note, and when I tried texting them they simply stated they were on 'business'.

They're both retired.

Plopping onto the front area's couch, I opened my phone to text to the group chat I had with the guys.

Does anyone want to hang out? I'm bored.

Hopefully someone answers soon...

Hau

As Lillie, Moon, and I were discussing some plans, my phone went off, alerting me of a text I had received. A smile soon made its way to my face when I realized it was from (Name).

"Girls, I'm sorry but I have to go-"

"No, you can't." Moon stated, grabbing my phone to turn it off.

"What do you mean-"

"Hau, if you make any mistakes this late in the game it's all over. You're simply going to have to let this go."

...

Reader

To my surprise, Hau was the first who responded; stating how he had other plans. But I can't really complain; I did ask this out of the blue. I can't expect anyone to just drop everything just because I want them to.

Gladion

"Ah, it seems our young (Name) is bored. Invite her to come over immediately; and add that she can choose what the two of you can do. Ladies love to be in charge. Trust me."

Knowing my mother, her advice doesn't surprise me...

Reader

It wasn't long before I received a text from Gladion; he invited me to come to his place and was up for anything I wanted to do. How polite.

Sending a response, I stated I would be there soon. After such, I had to get ready to leave the house. There's a huge difference in attire I wear at home and what I wear outside of the house.

Once ready, I left a note on the table, letting my grandparents know where I'd be going.

Sun

"It seems like (Name)'s going to Gladion's." I stated, glancing down at the texts they had exchanged.

The grandpa sighed.

"Let it be. (Name) never liked pushy people, so I suggest you not try to budge in on their plans."

I nodded in understanding.

They had really taught me a lot about my Princess during their visit here.

Glancing at the nearby clock, the two began to stand up.

"We should be on our way; dinner won't prepare itself."

Helping the two carry their things, I made sure to thank them for their visit.

"You truly are a kind soul Sun; we're rooting for your success."

As the two drove off, I continued where I left off in watering the plants. Sure, I may not be hanging out with (Name) today, but the information I learned will help me win in the long run.

Reader

When I arrived at Gladion's place, the gates opened so I could enter.

"Hey." Gladion stated as I entered the mansion.