•1•

I walk into work, my heels clacking on the marble floors. I mutter a few good mornings to my colleagues as I pass them, making my way past the front desk to head to my office.
"Good morning Lia." Greta greets, as she does every morning.
"Good morning Greta." I smile.
I step onto the elevator, and press the button for the top floor. Just as the doors are about to close, a hand pushes them back open, and I'm met by my assistant, George.
"Good morning Mrs. Holland." He says, and the elevator goes up.
"Morning." I nod.
Tom hired me an assistant a little over a year ago, and he keeps me above water. With all the projects were working on it is so much easier to have someone do all the pesky details like emails and phone calls. George was definitely not Toms first pick, mostly because he's still in business college, he's a bit awkward and dorky, but I wanted to give him a chance. I'm glad I did, he does a great job and he's a very hard worker.
The elevator doors open, and we walk down the hallway.
"I need you to call construction and get those progress reports today, I can't have them running late like last time, we open in three months." I say.
"Of course, I'll get them even if I have to fly down there." George nods and quickly scurrys off.
I walk past Haz's office, hearing him practically yelling, obviously on a phone call. I know exactly who he's talking to, and it makes me sad.
Haz and Stassie's relationship has been strained lately. They're always fighting over stupid shit that doesn't even matter, and neither of them are happy anymore. I know they love each other, but in my opinion? They let a good thing die out by not taking care of it and now it's turned bitter. I know they'd work out if they just took a break, went to therapy, healed themselves and then tried again. They just won't admit they have a problem.
I walk into my office, seeing an iced coffee and a bouquet of baby pink peonys sitting on my desk. My lips curve into a smile, grabbing the little white note card off of the bouquet and reading it.
Just because I love you. -Tommy
I grab the coffee, and go down to Toms office, knocking on the door lightly before walking inside. I see my husband working hard, as he does every single day. His eyes lift, brightening when he sees me.
"Thank you for the flowers." I grin, walking behind his desk and pulling his chair out. I sit down on his lap, and he presses his lips to mine lovingly.
"Of course, my love." He says.
"Haz and Stass were fighting again this morning.." I sigh.
"I know you want to help them, but you can't." He shakes his head. "They need to figure this out on their own."
I nod, knowing he is right.
He spins the chair towards his desk, opening up his laptop as I rest my head in the crook of his neck.
"Got a surprise for you." He says, and clicks on his recent orders.
I see a pink vibrator on the screen, and a flirty smile appears on Tom's face.
"I can't wait to use it on you." He whispers in my ear, his fingertips sliding underneath my skirt slightly, and his hot breath hitting my neck.
"I have work to do dirty boy." I giggle.
His office door opens, and he quickly shuts his laptop. I see it's his new assistant Forest, walking in yet again without knocking. Ever since his assistant of two years quit, Tom has gone through about twenty people, not able to find one that works well with him. Forest was perfectly qualified, but definitely struggles to follow basic instructions, such as knocking before walking in an office.
"Just pack your stuff and go." Tom mutters.
"Excuse me?" Forest says, not catching what Tom said.
"If you can't follow basic rules then you don't need to be working for me. Go." He says harshly.
Forests shoulders slump, and he mutters an apology before leaving the office. I direct my attention to Tom, sighing.
"You don't have to be so mean, I'm sick of sending muffin baskets." I say.
"Why are you sending muffin baskets? If they can't do their job then they're going to be fired." He states.
"Because you can totally know someone's potential based off one week!" I say sarcastically and he smirks.
"I did with you."
"I'm a rare luxury." I say and he giggles.
"Yes you are." He kisses my lips.
Everyone says that after you get married the flame dies out. Not with Tom and I though. It's been almost two years since our wedding day and we're just as in love, if not more in love than we were back then.
"I gotta get back to work." I say, and peck him on the lips before standing to my feet. "And remember we're babysitting Evangeline tonight."
Evangeline Grace is mine and Toms sweet little niece. She's five years old and is the adopted daughter of Sam. Him and his girlfriend started fostering her last year, and they fell in love with her quickly and adopted her. Evangeline has been such a bright light in all of our lives. We adore her. Being auntie Lia is the greatest thing I've ever experienced.
"Oh yay I just got her new coloring books!" Tom says excitedly and I giggle. The love he has for this little girl warms my heart. Watching him with her is my favorite thing to do.
"I'll see you at five." I say.
"Unless you want to cancel our teleconference and I'll take you right on my desk." He says in full seriousness.
"You and I both know we can't do that. I'll see you at five." I laugh, kissing my wonderful husband before leaving his office.
I sit at my desk, getting to work on our current project which is a resort in Florida. This resort was mostly my idea, and after trying to sell Tom on it for six months we finally got started. It's going to have a beautiful Oceanside hotel, spa, restaurant, and beachside massages. It's my dream project, and I'm making it a reality.
I go through some emails that George forwarded to me on the progress, and I smile widely as I scroll through the photos. The basic foundation has been laid, and I can finally meet up with the interior designers to start working out the designs for the rooms. I want this to be the number one most romantic resort in America. I want everyone to go here for their honeymoons and vacations. This is a career defining project.
"I'm going to throw myself over a cliff." Haz comments as he walks into my office, shutting the door behind him.
"I'm working." I say.
"Don't do that man." He shakes his head.
Haz takes a seat in the chair across from my desk, and I sigh, closing my laptop to give him my full attention.
"Okay spill." I say.
He goes on to tell me about how Stassie and him had a fight last night over him following some girl on Instagram that we went to school with when we we're younger. I don't like when he complains about this stuff to me because I'm not just his best friend, I'm Stassies best friend too. And I refuse to take sides in this situation.
"Look, all I'm going to say is I know what it's like to be jealous of a girl whether she's important or not. If she doesn't like her, then just unfollow her. It's not that big of a deal." I say.
"Exactly! It's not a big deal so why does she care so much?!" He exclaims. "Girls are so confusing!"
I laugh, knowing Haz is completely clueless. He desperately needs help.
"Unfollow the girl, and take your girlfriend to dinner." I advise.
"Yeah I guess." He shrugs, slumping back in the chair.
"Haz, you guys love each other. Everything will work out sooner or later." I assure him.
"I don't know that it will.. I feel like we drift further and further apart each day.."
I get up from my seat, and walk around to Haz, hugging him. I can't imagine how he feels.. but I know it must hurt to love someone so much but know it's just not going to end well.
"No matter what happens, you got me." I say.
And I mean it. Haz is the second most important man in my life. He's my best friend, my brother, the one who's been there for everything. From telling off my school bully's on the playground to walking me down the aisle on my wedding day. We're there for each other.

A/N: here it is! Bit of a slow start but I promise you, this story is going to make you all an emotional wreck💙