•25•

And we're back to the real world.
I walk into my office, missing the magic of the blue lagoon and northern lights. I can always go back, but for now I have to do my stupid job that I love so much.
Something about being back here feels so wrong though. It's probably just the anxiety of this room.. where it all happened.
My mind flashes to the picture of Derek holding a gun up to me, but I quickly push it away, desperate to not think about it.
"Good morning Mrs. Holland." George breaks me from my thoughts, and I jump slightly.
"Oh, George! Good morning." I say.
"I think Mr. Osterfield is in now." He informs me, and I know why. He can tell I'm stressed out. I'm not going to say anything though because I don't want to be alone, I'd much rather be with Haz.
I walk down the hall, and into Haz's office.
"Why are you late?" I question.
"I remembered!" Stassie yells as she jumps up from her seat.
"What?!" I exclaim.
"This morning, I woke up and everything was back. I remember everything." She says with a smile bigger than life.
"Oh my god Stass!" I practically cry, pulling her into my arms.
"I can't believe I forgot Haz, and Tom." She shakes her head. "And I can't believe he had the audacity to say we weren't really friends! I'm going to kill him for that!"
I knew once she remembered she was going to be mad that Tom said that. I look over to Haz, seeing just how overwhelmed with joy he is.
"It's so good to have her back." He smiles.
"I can't believe I'm engaged!" She squeals happily. "I'm going to be a bride!"
"So we're happy about a wedding now?" I ask.
"After all this shit has happened.. yes. I want to celebrate what I have." She nods. "And actually.. I was hoping that maybe you could be my wedding planner?"
"Oh my god are you serious? Dont joke with me!" I warn.
"Deadass." She nods.
"Yes yes yes!" I yell, hugging her once again. "I would love to plan your wedding."
"We want it big." Haz says.
"I can do that!" I state.
The office door opens, and Tom walks in with confusion.
"What's all the yelling about?" He asks.
"Tom!" Stass squeals excitedly, skipping over and hugging him tightly.
"Seriously what's going on?" He asks again.
"I remember you bestie." She smiles and it warms my heart to see how Toms face lights up, and he hugs her back just as tight.
"I love you and I'm glad you can remember but never call me bestie again." He says.
"You love me?!" Stassie says in a high pitched voice.
"I take it back." Tom says quickly.
"You can't! You already said it!" She yells at him.
Haz and I just laugh at the interaction, loving the friendship between our partners. We're all like one big happy family.
___
I am so deep into wedding planning I haven't even looked at my normal work today. I have two laptops open with different wedding things, pages I printed out of dress ideas and color schemes everywhere, and far too many ideas. I'm so happy they're letting me plan their wedding, it was so fun for me the first time.
My phone begins to ring, and I look out the window to see George isn't there to take it, he must be on lunch break. I grab the phone, and put it to my ear.
"Hi Amelia Holland's office." I answer.
"This is a call from the London psychiatric clinic, floor 2. Press one to accept this call." An automated voice says.
Why am I getting a call from the psyc hospital? I shouldn't take it.. I pull the phone from my ear, going to hang it up, but I stop. This is such a bad idea..
I press one, and put the phone back to my ear.
"Mel.. hi." I hear his voice through the phone.
"Why are you calling me?" I ask.
"Why did you put me in here? I would have been better off in jail." He states.
"Because you need help Derek." I answer. "Why are you calling me?"
I hear a chuckle through the phone, what is funny about this? He pointed a gun in my face and now he's calling me. There's nothing funny about it.
"I have a knife." He says.
I stay silent, waiting for him to elaborate.
"Got it from the kitchen after everyone went to bed, they don't lock us up too well here."
"Why are you telling me this?" I ask.
"Because, you are going to come see me, or I will kill myself."
Oh my god..
"Just calm down, okay Derek? You don't want that, I know you don't." I try.
"You have an hour." He says, and hangs up the phone.
Shit..
how did I get tangled up with him? People warned me.. and I didn't listen. I need to go talk to whoever is running his floor, and tell them what he told me. I won't play his games anymore, I won't let his threats get to me anymore. I'm not going to see him.
I'm going to fucking snitch on him.
I grab my bag and my keys, leaving a note on George's desk that I'll be back soon and head out.
"Where are you going?"
I stop in my tracks, turning to see Haz. I never leave mid day so he's definitely suspicious already.
"Gynecologist appointment." I lie.
"Oh, have fun with your vagina doctor." He says and I roll my eyes at him, waking away.
I drive to the psychiatric clinic, and walk through the front door. I check in with the front desk and get a visitor pass, headed to the second floor.
I look around for a nurse, but there's not many around. Where is the check in for this floor?..
walking down the hallway, that is quite empty and lifeless, I look into the window of a large room that has a group of people sitting around in a circle. Probably a support group.
I continue to walk down the hallway, and suddenly I feel someone grab my arm and yank me back. Hard.
"What the fu-" my words are silenced by a hand covering my mouth.
I see a large butchers knife in the persons free hand, instantly knowing who has me trapped in their grip.
"It's okay, it's okay, calm down." He says to me, turning my body to push my back against the wall.
He holds the knife to my stomach, the sharp pointed tip grazing over my shirt.
"Derek let me go." I cry.
"I need out of here. You're going to get me out of here sweetie." He says, and the pet name makes me nauseous.
"You don't need the knife, I promise. I'll listen." I try.
"I trusted you once, and that got me stuck in here." He says frantically, his eyes wide and shaky.
"Please.."
"If you get me out of here, then you'll be just fine." He says with dark eyes, and I feet the sharp blade touch the skin of my hip. He holds it there threateningly, and I become increasingly aware that my life rests in the hands of someone who is irrational and mentally unstable..
I made it out the first time.. I can do it a second time.