•48•

•Toms Pov•
I frantically search the house for my keys so I can go get Lia donuts for breakfast. I need to start doing little things like that so she still knows I'm here for her. She's gonna get back massages, bubble baths with rose petals, all her favorite snacks. Everything. I just need to remind her that she's my girl and she's the only one I want.

I spot my keys, on the table next to the bed, but something even better catches my gaze. My beautiful wife asleep on the bed. She doesn't want donuts, or tea. She wants me. That's what I need to be giving her. I've been sleeping in the guest room so I know she misses our snuggles.. she needs me. Whether she wants it or not.

I climb under the blankets and almost instantly her body falls into mine, her warmth instantly warming my heart. I wrap my arm around her sleeping body and just hold her. That's all she needs. Is to be held.
"You're always going to have me, beautiful girl. I promise." I whisper to her, kissing her forehead.
I really don't understand how anyone could be as perfect as she is. And even more so- I'll never understand how she is mine. No way in hell am I going to fuck this up. I'm not loosing the greatest thing to have ever happened to me.

She starts to wake up, and to my surprise she doesn't distance herself from me, but actually scoots in closer. She may be mad, upset, confused, but she still needs me. She's always going to need me. Not as much as I need her though.

____
Lia took the day off work today to deal with morning sickness since it was super bad this morning. I take the chance of her being out of the office to head over to Haz's office. He hasn't really spoken to me in a few days. I just know he's pissed about this whole situation. He doesn't like when Lia is upset, and no matter the reason, I'm the one who is causing that upset. So he's going to be mad.

"Hey.." I say as I walk in, shutting the door behind me.
"Yeah? What do you need?" He asks.
Really.. he's going to act like this? I get she comes before me but damn.. he's acting like we're not even friends.
"You know, this really isn't my fault." I state.
"Yeah I know but I'm still going to be mad." He shakes his head.
"Why?" I ask.
He groans, setting his pen down to give me his full attention for the first time in days.
"My entire life I have protected Lia from getting hurt. And when Derek hurt her, I just about killed him. Now not only are you hurting her, but you're using Derek as leverage. That's fucking disgusting dude. You blamed her for him trying to murder her twice."

I didn't even think about it like that.. when I told her she brought ex drama I didn't mean the things he did to her.. I'm so fucking stupid. Fuck.
"How do I fix this?" I ask.
"Apologize. Profusely. Now get out of my office and don't fucking talk to me until you do fix it because if I have to look at your face again I'm going to hurt you." He says, being completely serious.

I leave Haz's office, and walk into my office to grab my things. There's tons of work that needs to get done but right now the most important thing to do is apologize to Lia.
"George I'm headed out, could you please get the business plans turned in?" I ask George as I step past his desk.
"Yes of course." He nods. "By the way, I finally got Mrs. Holland's flight booked. Took some work but I did it."
Flight? What flight? Where is she planning on going and why didn't she say anything to me..
"Okay thank you." I mutter, walking away from his desk.

I quickly go down the elevator, and get out to my car. I can't believe I said what I said about Derek. She didn't cause that drama. It's not her fault. I'm a shitty ass husband for even implying that. My wife was traumatized and I practically rubbed it in her face. Who does that? Wherever this secret flight is going.. I understand. Maybe her getting away from me for a couple days is for the best. She needs to take care of her mental health right now more than ever.

I get to the house, and walk inside. Lia jumps in surprise, dropping the paper in her hand to the floor.
"What are you doing home so early?" She asks.
My eyes examine the paper, seeing its Lydia's ultrasound. Why is she looking at this?
"Just decided to come home." I shrug.
"So.. we need to talk." She starts.
"Yeah we really do." I nod.
"With everything going on.. I think it would be best for me to take some time and go stay with my mum for a bit." She says.
"Wait.. what?"

She can't be serious.. going all the way to Oregon to stay with her mum while she's pregnant with my baby?
"Yeah.. I think it's for the best right now." She nods.
"Lia you can't just leave." I say.
"I am my own person and I can do whatever I want."
She doesn't even sound like herself right now...

"How long will you be there?" I ask.
"I don't know." She shrugs.
"Well after Wednesday I can fly down-" I start but she interrupts me.
"Tom I want to be alone for a bit. Can you accept that?" She asks.
Accept that my wife wants to be away from me without any timeline of how long she will be gone? No.. but I guess I have to.
"Okay.." I sigh. "I understand."
Now that this is out of the way.. I need to do what I came home to do.

"Listen.." I start, sitting down next to her. "I was wrong to bring Derek into our argument. He did terrible things to you and it's not your fault. I'm so sorry for implying that it was."
She avoids my gaze, picking at her finger nails anxiously. I can tell she's upset. I just seem to be doing everything wrong lately but this is one thing that I think I can fix.
"You have every right to be upset with me, but know that I feel so bad about bringing that up."
"The problem is that you never would have brought that up before.." she says quietly. "Since shes come around.. you've changed."

I hate to admit it, but Lia is right. I've been more on edge, short tempered, and irritable. Lydia drives me insane in the worst way possible. She's a bad person, and I hate being around bad people. I can't let it affect my marriage though. As much as I hate it, Lydia will be in my life for a long time, and no way in hell is she going to ruin more than she already has.

A/N: I know this is a shitty chapter but I was literally writing it while in an argument with my boyfriend sooo that's my excuse :)