•7•

I lock my office, walking down the hall. I see the lights in Amelia's office are still on. She doesn't normally stay late, that's odd..
I open her door, and smile at the sight. Lias head rests on the desk, papers sprawled out everywhere. I run my hand over her hair and she starts to wake up a bit.
"What are you doing here so late my love?" I ask quietly.
"Can't go home, can't see Haz." She mumbles.
"Why not?" I ask.
She now wakes up a little more, lifting her head and rubbing the sleep from her eyes.
"Stassie had a guy at her house today." She says.
Oh no..
"I don't know if it was a new friend, or a hook up, but either way.. I just can't tell him." She shakes her head. "I don't want him to hurt more than he already is."
"It's okay, we will tell him together." I assure her. "Come on, let's go home."
I grab her hand, and we walk out of the building together, headed home to get some sleep. It doesn't seem like we're gonna get much sleep though when we walk through the front door to see Haz is drunk off his ass singing to a Backstreet Boys song.
"Tell me why! Aint nothin but a mistake!" Haz yells the lyrics.
"Hazzy." Lia says, turning down the music.
He groans, slumping into the back of the couch.
"What's going on I thought you were doing okay today?" She asks.
"I called her.. a guy answered." He says.
"Want me to go beat his ass? I'll do it." I offer.
"Nah." He sighs. "It's just me and the vodka now."
He lifts the bottle, seeing there's only a drop left. I know Stassie is Amelia's friend but I have to admit, I really want to back over her with my car right now. I can't stand when people screw over my family.
"Come on mate, you need some sleep." I say, helping him up.
He's really fucking drunk.
"Tom, you're a good friend. I love you man." He slurs and I laugh lightly.
"I love you too, come on."
"You and Lia make a cute couple." He mumbles and I practically dump him on his bed, grabbing his phone so I know he won't be drunk texting anyone.
"Thanks mate." I say.
"Do you think I'll ever find love again?" He asks.
This really is more of an Amelia question but I know she's probably already passed out in bed. I'm not good at this..
"Sure you will." I nod.
"Goodnight." He waves and I walk out the door, shutting it behind me. I swear it's easier to get Evangeline to go to sleep than drunk Haz.
I go to mine and Lias room, seeing my girl laying on the bed in her pajamas. Specifically the pajamas I love most on her. It's a cute little silk set with short shorts and a tank top. I love how she looks in it.
"Look so beautiful my love." I mumble as I kiss her bare shoulder.
I start to take off my own work clothes, changing into some pajama pants. I just watch my half asleep wife with pure love. I don't think it could ever die out, or even dim. I'm just as in love with her as I was the day we got married. I quite literally can't think of any way to make her more perfect, because in my eyes she already is.
I get in bed, pulling the blankets over us as Lia snuggles into my side. I pet her hair, and kiss her temple.
"Can't wait to have a family with you." I say.
I see a smile form on her face, and her grip on me tightens.
"I love you." She says.
"I love you too."
-
•Amelia's Pov•
I let Haz talk me into something stupid.
Instead of going to work today, we are fishing.
Yes. Fishing.
I have never been fishing in my life, and he hasn't gone in years. Everything about fishing grosses me out, and I know most people would say I'm just too girly or too snobby but I'm okay with that because this is the worst.
Literally all we're doing is sitting on a boat in the middle of the lake while it's not even that warm outside. The only reason I agreed is because Haz needed this desperately and Tom couldn't go because he has a big meeting today.
"I don't think my rod is working." I state.
"That's not how that works, Amelia." He says.
"Then why haven't I caught anything?" I ask.
"Maybe because your loud ass voice is scaring them away." He says and I glare at him.
I look out over the water, finding it only a tiny bit relaxing.
"So have you talked to Stassie?" I ask.
"No talking about Stass. The only relationship you're allowed to talk about while we're out here is your own." He says.
"Alright.." I trail off. "Tom and I are trying to have a baby."
"What?!" He exclaims.
Well look who's scaring off the fish now..
"This is so cool! Are you going to name him after me?!" He asks.
"What makes you so sure it'll be a he?" I question.
"Because it will be. And if it's not you can name her Harriet." He smiles and I cringe.
"No way in hell am I naming my daughter Harriet." I state.
"Then what do you like?" He prompts.
"Well.. for a girl I like Annabel, and for a boy I like Louis."
He makes a face of disgust and my mouth drops.
"What's wrong with those names?!" I scoff.
"They are basic." He says.
Haz is just too picky.
"Not like I should be thinking about baby names though, don't think I'll be getting a baby anytime soon." He sighs.
My phone dings, and I grab it to see it's Stassie.
"Who's texting you?" Haz asks.
"Oh it's just Tom." I lie, and open the text.
Stassie: who do you think gets the house when both of our names are on the lease?
She can't seriously be asking me this. Not only is that a shitty question, but to ask me? You've got to be fucking kidding me. I've never truly wanted to punch Stassie before until now.
Lia: seriously? Haz has been crying over you and you're trying to see if you can take the house?!
I try to stay calm, not wanting Haz to see that im angry or he will know I'm not actually texting Tom.
Stassie: oh don't act like this is a surprise. We've been hanging on by a thread for a year now.
There's a yank on my fishing rod, and I quickly set my phone down.
"Haz I have something!" I say in more of a panic rather than excitement.
"Well pull it up!" He encourages.
"I don't know how!"
He takes the pole, and starts doing his thing. Soon enough it comes out of the water, and a small fish is hanging from the end.
"I did it!" I squeal.
"Lia it's three inches long it's barely a fish." He laughs and I smile. I missed hearing my best friend laugh.
"It's not about size." I scoff.
"Oh man is Tom really that small?" He asks and my hand slaps over my mouth.
"Actually he's pretty big-"
"I've heard enough." He waves me off, then let's the fish back into the water.
Maybe coming out here wasn't such a terrible idea after all.
____
"Tommy!" I call as I walk into the house.
He doesn't answer, so I walk down the hallway of the oversized home to find him working out in his gym room. I watch as he lifts his weights, slightly drooling over the sight.
His body is a little sweaty, and his muscles are flexed which makes him look bigger than he is. He's so hot.
"Hey baby." I say as I walk up to the bench.
He does one last rep, setting the weight up on the rack.
"How was your day?" He kisses me.
"Good part or bad part first?" I ask.
"Good part." He says.
"I caught a fish!"
His eyes widen, like he's genuinely surprised that I managed to do that. I don't blame him, I didn't think I would either.
"Did you really?" He questions.
"Yes, it was really small but I did!"
"I'm so proud of you." He smiles happily, giving me a high five.
"Also Stassie is trying to take the house." I blurt out, not able to keep it in any longer.
"Are you fucking serious?" He scoffs with anger.
"I can't do this Tom. I can't make excuses for her.. she's not herself anymore." I sigh.
I miss Stassie. I miss my roommate that used to bake cookies every night and cared about everyone and was the sweetest girl I have ever known. She's just not that person anymore. Something has changed in her..