•44•

•one week later•

Tuesday is here. I've managed to hold my tongue and not expose the fact that I know Tom has been planning to see Lydia again. I may seem crazy for this but.. I'm going to follow him. Yeah maybe I should trust him a little more, but that's really hard when he's lying to me.

I watch through my office window, knowing Tom always heads out to grab something for lunch at this time. Except I don't think he's going to lunch, I think he's going to see his bitch ass ex girlfriend. My office door opens, making me jump. Haz walks in with a a muffin in his hand and holds it out to me.

"Stassie made em this morning." He offers.
"No thanks." I say.
He lifts his brow at me, sitting down on the edge of my desk but my eyes stay trained on the window waiting for Tom.
"You're pregnant and your cravings have been chocolate chip muffins." He states. "You turning down the muffin means something is wrong."
"Fine I'll take the damn muffin." I sigh.
"Lia, what's going on?" He asks.

I really desperately don't want to get Haz involved.. I want and need his support, but I don't want to cause drama between him and Tom.
"It's nothing." I shake my head.
"Don't make me ask Tom." He warns.
I stay quiet and he starts to get up but I grab his arm quickly, making his attention turn back to me.
"You can't ask Tom." I say.
"Why not?"
Oh god.. I guess I just have to tell him. Great.

"Toms meeting with Lydia today."
I watch Haz's face fall instantly into pure anger. I know this isn't what's best for their friendship, but sometimes I need to be selfish. Especially in situations like this. He stands up again and once again, I grab his arm to stop him from heading straight to Toms office.

"You can't go." I say.
"Why? Why don't you want me to say anything?" He says with irritation.
"Because.. I'm going to follow him.." I say quietly.
He just stares at me for a moment with a blank expression, but then he shakes his head with a small smile.
"There's the Lia I know and love. I'm coming with you."
"No you're not." I shake my head.
"Yes the fuck I am." He nods, and looks out the window, both of us seeing Tom walk by. "Let's go come on."
He starts walking towards the door and I roll my eyes. I guess Haz is tagging along.

We get in his car, watching as Tom is already pulling out of the parking lot. I pay close attention to what way he turns, so we can follow him.
"I feel bad.." I admit.
"Well you shouldn't." He says. "He shouldn't be sneaking around with his insane ex."
He turns into a parking lot for a little food place we have never been to before. Haz sighs, and I lift my brow, waiting for him to explain.
"See that girl?" He says, pointing to a blonde sitting at one of the outdoor tables.
"Yeah?"
"That's her." He says.
Oh my god.. she looks nothing like she did when we were just little kids. She's gorgeous now.. absolutely stunning. This is not good for my self esteem at all.

Tom gets out of his car, walking towards the table. Haz comfortingly grabs my hand and holds it as we watch the interaction. She stands to her feet quickly, hugging my husband tightly and he hugs her back. This fucking hurts. I hate this. Why did I think coming here and watching this was a good idea?

They sit down at the table and start talking. What is the point of this? If he already got everything taken care of then why is it necessary for him to be here right now? Unless it's not about that.. and he just missed her and wanted to see her again. No Lia, don't let those thoughts into your head. You don't need to be thinking that way.

"Come on.. let's go. You don't need to see this shit." He says.
He's right. I know Tom is here with her, and that's all I needed to know. If I stay any longer it's just going to hurt me.
"Yeah.. let's go." He starts the car, and as he drives I pull out my phone to text Tom. I'm going to test him.
Lia: where are you? Wanna get some lunch with Haz and I?
It takes longer than normal for him to reply, but that makes sense since he's so busy with his fucking ex.
Tom: I would but I'm at a meeting with some investors. Talk later xx
Wow.. he just straight up lied. How could he lie to me so easily? Had I not seen him with her or the texts she sent him, I would totally believe that he was just meeting with an investor.

"So what are we going to do?" Haz asks.
"I have no clue.." I sigh.
We get beck to the office, and Haz sits in mine, angrily watching out the window for Tom. He's full blown angry, but me? I don't even know how to feel. It's not even really the fact that he met up with her.. it's the fact that he lied to me about it several times.

I see Tom walking down the hall, and Haz quickly stands to his feet, obviously ready to go say something but I shake my head no. I'm not sure how I want to handle this yet..
"You've got to be kidding.." he groans.
"I don't want to start drama." I shrug.
"Lia none of this is your fault. He started the drama already.. please. Let me go talk to him."

I don't think Haz 'talking to him' at work is the best idea simply because Haz is very protective over me and has a little bit of an anger issue. If he starts yelling at Tom the whole office will hear and I don't want them knowing what's going on in my personal life.

"Haz I know you mean well, but not at work. Okay?" I say.
"Alright.. what's the plan then? After work?" He asks.
Honestly.. I don't want to confront Tom alone. I'm very easy to push around and I don't like confrontation, but Haz is the complete opposite. It's kind of perfect.
"Yeah.. we can leave early and go to the house. I just want this to be a talk though.. I don't want a ton of drama to stem from this."
"Lia.. there's already drama. And it's his fault."

Haz and I leave early, headed back to my house. As it gets closer and closer to when Tom will be home, I get more nervous. I just want the truth. I want to know why he would lie to me about hanging out with his ex. I know he would never cheat on me but, I'd be a lie to say I didn't question it earlier.

I hear Toms car pull into the driveway, and my eyes shoot over to Haz.
"Let me talk first, okay?" I say.
"Okay." He nods.
I hear the front door open, and Tom setting down his things in the entryway.
"Hi my love! I'm home!" He calls out to me.
How can he lie like he did earlier and still come home so carelessly? Like everything is perfectly fine? How does he not feel bad?

He walks into the room, surprised to see Haz since he normally is very eager to get home after work.
"Hey mate." He says plainly to Haz, but gets no response.
How do I even go about saying anything? I don't know how to bring this up to him without getting upset and loosing my ability to speak rationally.

"Tom.." I start. "Where did you go for lunch today?"
I can instantly see him freaking out through his eyes, but he manages to remain calm in every other way.
"I just got some fast food." He shrugs.
He doesn't even like fast food.
"Tom.. don't lie to me." I plead.
"Where do you think I was?" He asks, trying to feel out whether I know or not. I can't believe he's not just telling me.. this isn't like him at all. He doesn't lie, and even when he does, he confesses. He doesn't try to get around it.
"Mate, tell her the fucking truth." Haz interjects.
"I- I didn't do anything." He tries and I squeeze my eyes shut with hurt.
If he's not going to admit it, then I don't see a point in even having this conversation. 
"I'll be at Harrisons and Stassies tonight. I'll see you tomorrow, Tom." I say, ready to pack some things and go stay with my friends. I never thought Tom and I would become this kind of couple.. but here we are..