•13•

They didn't really tell me much of anything except that Stassie passed out and they are running tests. Tom, Haz, and I all drive to the hospital, everyone on edge with what's going on. We've all been pissed at Stass for weeks, but she needs us. No matter how big of a bitch she is I'm always going to be there for her at times like this.
We walk into the hospital, and make our way up to the front desk where a less than friendly looking woman is working.
"Hi I'm Amelia Holland, I am here for Stassie Williams." I say.
The woman types into the computer, obnoxiously smacking the gum in her mouth.
"She's in CT right now." She says.
"What's going on with her? I wasn't told much."
"I will have a doctor speak to you soon, but for now please take a seat." She says and I sigh.
"If you get us her doctor right now I will give you five hundred pounds." Haz tries to bribe the woman and she rolls her eyes.
"Take a seat." She repeats herself.
"Come on Haz.." I say softly, guiding Haz over to the waiting area as Tom follows behind.
I'm sure she's okay.. she has to be. All they told me was that she collapsed. If something was really wrong they would have told me on the phone.
I can see how upset Haz is. As much as he pretends to be over her, he's not. He loves Stassie with his whole heart and I know that it kills him that she went through this alone.
"What if she's not okay.." he says with pain in his voice.
"She will be. I promise."
A woman in a white doctors coat walks up to us holding a chart.
"Are you Amelia?" She asks me.
"Yes. Is Stassie okay?" I ask.
"Has she been acting differently lately? Erratic or impulsive behavior? Anger? Sadness?" She asks.
"Well actually.. yeah." I nod. "Why? What's going on?"
"I can not legally give you any information yet. I will speak with Stassie and we will go from there." She says, and walks off.
What we're those questions about? I just want to know what happened to her..
_
A little over an hour passes, and Haz hasn't stopped squeezing my hand. He is terrified.
Tom rests his head against my shoulder, and tries his hardest not to fall asleep.
"Amelia Holland." A nurse calls, and I jump up from my seat, walking over to her.
"Yes?" I ask.
"Stassie will have you back now. Just you." She informs me.
Why does she want just me?..
"I'll be right back." I say to the boys, and head back with the nurse.
She leads me down the hallway to a room, and opens the door. I walk inside, seeing my best friend with dried tears on her cheeks. She looks otherwise fine, as if nothing happened.
"Hey.." I say quietly. "What's going on?"
She pats the bed she's in, and I walk over, taking a seat. Before she says anything she wraps her arms around me tightly, and I hug her back.
"I'm so sorry.. for everything." She cries. "I know Haz probably hates me now-"
"Please.. that poor boy is in love with you. He always will be." I state.
"Is he here?" She asks.
"Of course he is." I smile.
"Good.. I need to apologize to him." She nods.
"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" I question.
I see her face fall, and her skin goes paler than it already is. I have a feeling this is going to be bad..
"They gave me a head CT.." she trails off. "They found something.."
"What did they find Stass?" I ask.
"Lia.. I have a brain tumor."
I feel everything inside me break at that very moment, this can't be happening..
"It explains why I've been acting so awful lately.. it's affecting my mood and emotions, they have to do surgery. It's really risky.."
"Stassie oh my god..." I breathe out, pulling her into my arms once more.
I can't loose her. But more importantly, Haz can't loose her. They are soulmates. They are meant to be together and live a long happy life.
This explains everything that has happened over the past couple months. Why she suddenly felt different about Haz and why she's been acting like a completely different person. It was never her.. it was the tumor.
"I'm really scared Lia." She admits in a shaky tone.
"I know.. it's going to be okay. You are going to be okay." I try to comfort her, and pull from the hug.
"I want to see him.. but I don't know how to tell him." She shakes her head. "What if I say something wrong? I don't have good control over that right now.."
"Then he will understand that it's not you talking. You need to tell him Stass you need him here whether it feels the same or not because when you wake up from surgery you're going to remember how much you love him." I explain.
"Alright.. can you get him?" She asks nervously.
"Yes." I smile, and squeeze her hand before getting up and walking back out to the waiting room.
I see Haz sitting there looking so upset already.. and it will feel like nothing compared to what he's about to feel once she tells him. His eyes lift to see mine, and he stands up quickly.
"So? What's going on?" He asks.
"Hazzy you need to go in there and see her. She will explain everything." I say.
"Lia.. you're scaring me." He searches my eyes for some sign that he shouldn't be scared, that everything is okay. But as soon as he gets no sign, he starts to tear up a bit.
"Come on." I say, leading him down the hall.
Tom walks at my side, and intertwines our fingers when he sees my hand shaking.
I get to the door, and Haz looks in through the glass to see Stassie sitting in the bed looking out the window.
"She looks.. fine?" He says, almost as if he was expecting her to be beat up or something.
"Go talk to her." I encourage.
The door opens, and he shuts it behind him. I watch as he sits down at her side, and pulls her into a tight hug. She begins to talk to him, and after a few moments I can't tell she's told him. His hand runs through his hair, and he starts to cry, pulling her into his arms once more.
I turn away, now starting to feel the tears fall from my cheeks. Tom quickly pulls me into his chest, and runs his hand over my hair.
"What's going on?" He finally asks.
"Stassie has to get brain surgery, she has a tumor and they are saying that it's risky." I say.
He sighs, holding me just a little bit tighter. All this time I've been caught up in my own shit I didn't even think that something could be wrong with my best friend. I feel so bad...
"Look at me baby." He says, grabbing my chin to look up at him. "I am going to contact the best neurosurgeon I can find and I will fly them here myself if I have to. She will be okay."
"Thank you..."
I let myself fall back into his embrace, and say a mental prayer for Stassies safety and recovery. This is big.. really big, but she's going to get through it. We need her.

A/N: So... you guys still hate Stassie and want her to die?