•8•

It's officially been a couple weeks since Tom and I started trying for a baby. I've been anxiously waiting to be able to take a test, and the day has finally come that I can. I bought three different kinds of pregnancy tests this morning, and I've never been more excited to pee on a stick.
I look down at all three sticks that are sitting on a paper towel on the bathroom counter, then open the door to let Tom in.
"I'm nervous." I say.
"Be excited, we might have a little alien in there." He smiles.
"Please don't call our baby an alien." I say and he laughs.
"Fine. Our little Lima bean." He says.
I think that's as good as it's gonna get with Tom. A Lima bean it is.
He grabs my hand in his, squeezing it. I find complete comfort looking into his brown eyes, like nothing could possibly go wrong.
"If it's a boy.. I want to do something special for the middle name." I say.
"What do you have in mind?" He asks.
"Harrison." I smile. "Louis Harrison Holland."
"It's perfect." He says.
My timer goes off, and I nervously look up at my husband who shoots back a look of excitement. Let's see if we're having a baby..
I walk over, looking over all three sticks.
"It's negative. All of them." My heart drops, every ounce of happiness I had now gone. I really thought I was going to be pregnant..
Tom takes notice of my sudden shift in attitude, and wraps his arms around me tightly.
"So we keep trying then." He says. "We're gonna have a baby. I promise."
•Harrison's Pov•
Stassie has ignored me all week, and at this point it's getting ridiculous. Our breakup couldn't have been for good, we love each other too much to be done forever. I miss her.
I walk up to the door, and hesitantly lift my hand to knock. My nerves are going crazy right now.. this could either turn out amazing or very very badly.
The door opens, and I see my girl with a smile, but it quickly fades once she sees me.
"Haz.. what are you doing here?" She asks.
"I miss you, and I want to come home and fix things." I say.
"Haz.. just don't okay." She shakes her head. "It's not working. Stop trying to force it."
She doesn't even sound like herself anymore. She used to be so sweet, hopeful, committed. Now she's a different person and I don't understand why. What changed? What did I do wrong that made her suddenly think that fighting for us isn't worth it?
"So that's it? You're just done with me?" I ask with hurt.
"I just don't feel anything anymore.. I don't know what else to say." She shrugs.
Not one ounce of remorse shows in her eyes. She's dead inside. She doesn't care.
"How could you love me one day, and decide you don't love me the next?"
She stays silent, no answer.
"It's a cruel world isn't it.." I mutter, walking closer to her. I reach my hand up, pushing her hair behind her ear to see her pretty green eyes that once looked at me with so much love. "I guess we weren't meant for each other..  but I'm glad for a moment it felt like we were.."
"Please go.." she says, just above a whisper.
"Alright then." I nod, pulling my keys from my pocket and taking the house key off. "Here."
I hand her the key, and she takes it with confusion.
"Keep the house, I don't care." I mutter. "I'll get my stuff tomorrow and you'll never have to see me again."
I walk away, feeling completely broken on the inside. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.
I start to cry as I drive to Lia's. I don't know how to live in a world where Stassie isn't at my side. My last three years have revolved around her and I, she was the one. I was ready to propose, get married, and spend the rest of my life with her. I didn't care about anything as long as I had her, but now I don't.
I walk through the front door, and see Amelia sitting on the couch crying too. My heart sinks, and her eyes lift to meet mine.
"Why are you crying?" I ask her.
"You first." She sniffles, patting the seat next to her.
"It's done. For good." I say.
"What?! No..." she says with disappointment.
"Yeah. She just doesn't love me anymore." I sigh.
I can tell that Stassie and I breaking up genuinely hurts Lia. We're her two closest friends and now it's going to cause some problems between them. I know the problems will be between them because Lia always takes my side no matter what. We have an unbreakable bond.
"One day it won't hurt so bad.. the memories will pass and you will be okay." She says.
"I don't want to loose the memories because then I will forget how she looked at me when she first told me that she loved me too and I can't fucking forget that." I cry.
"Oh Haz.." she sighs, pulling me into her embrace.
I don't know if I'm sad, or angry, or both at once. All I know is I never thought I would go through heartbreak like this, and I especially never thought Stassie would be the one to cause this pain.
"Now are you going to tell me why you're crying?" I ask. "I need a distraction."
"It's stupid." She laughs slightly.
"Come on, just tell me." I encourage.
"Alright.. I took three pregnancy tests today and they all came back negative." 
I frown, knowing how important that was to her. I've never known anyone who would make a better mother than Lia. She's wanted a baby for as long as I can remember, and she's been ready for one for a while now.
"I'm sorry.. it'll happen though, sooner or later." I try to comfort her.
She giggles as she looks off into space, and I lift my brow.
"You ever miss when the most awful thing that has ever happened to us was when we got pantsed when we were twelve?" She says.
"That is still the most awful thing that has ever happened to me." I laugh, almost starting to feel better.
That's the thing about mine and Lias friendship. No matter how bad things get, we're always there to make each other smile.
"It wasn't that bad." She rolls her eyes and I scoff.
"Yeah because it was a classroom full of girls! They all laughed at me for weeks!" I exclaim.
"I told Jenna that if she ever did that to you again that I'd beat the shit out of her."
I have no doubt that she did, we may have been twelve, but Lia has always been a badass. She scared everyone we went to school with, even some of the boys. They never would admit it though. I'm pretty sure the only reason I never got bullied was because everyone knew she would have something to say about it.
"At least I know that no matter what, I'll always have you." I smile.
"Always and forever."