•50•

I've been talking with Lydia for a while. It's like she's a completely different person than she was when we were together years ago. No, I don't trust her or believe she's fully changed, but I do think she's made some progress. She listens, she cares, she is attentive. All traits she never had before.

"Listen.. it's going to be hard having two babies. Lia definitely will struggle with it. Lord knows with her past she definitely will be having some trust issues.. but I don't want my kid to come second to Lias feelings." She says to me.
"And they won't. My kids will come first in everything I do." I say.
"So when Lia gets jealous about you spending time with us, I expect you'll shut that down?" She asks.
"Us? What do you mean us?" I question.
That's a bit odd.. Lia would never have a reason to be upset over Lydia and I.. because we won't be around each other much other than trading off the baby..
"You, me, our baby." She shakes her head.

Oh no.. she thinks we're going to be like a family. What have I done? What messages did I send? I don't want to be a family with her... I only want that with Lia.
"Lydia.. You do understand we're just coparenting right?" I ask.
"Well yeah but-"
"But nothing." I shake my head at her. "I have an amazing wife.. she's my family. This baby is my family.. but I'm sorry. You're not."

I can see the hurt in her eyes, the way she instantly puts a wall up and looks at me differently. Was it a bit harsh? Maybe. But I needed to put up this boundary now because otherwise I'd be getting this hurt gaze from my wife. And I don't feel bad saying I'd much rather hurt Lydia than Lia.

"Well this is not what I signed up for.." she says, standing to her feet.
"What does that mean?" I ask.
"It means that you don't get to have your kid and dump me. We're a package deal." She says angrily and my eyes widen. She can't be seriously threatening to not allow me to see my child. I should have known some shit like this was going to go down with her. She's selfish. She cares more about herself than the happiness of anyone else, including this child.
"You're making a mess of something that could go so smoothly." I state.
"No, you're the one making a mess." She scoffs.
"Lydia! I am married! Do you hear me?! Married!" I raise my voice. I don't normally raise my voice but she just makes me so mad.

She stomps towards the door, and I quickly get up to follow her. She can't just leave and act like I'm never going to get to see my kid.
"So what? Are you going to forbid me from seeing my baby or something?" I ask as we walk outside.
"Actually that's exactly what I am going to do." She says.
She has to be kidding..
"You don't want to go down that road with me.." I warn.
"Yeah? Or what?" She prompts.
"I have more money than you, I have more power than you, I have a better reputation than you do. If I have to, I will use any means necessary to have access to my child."
She examines my eyes, trying to tell if I'm bluffing, but I'm not. I'm dead fucking serious. I will get to see my child no matter what lengths I have to go to.
"You wouldn't." She tries.
"Pull this shit and I'll have my lawyer on the phone within the hour." I assure her.
"And how will Lia like the idea of you being consumed with a lawsuit for another child while she's pregnant?" She lifts her brow with amusement. Yup, this is the Lydia I know. Shitty and selfish.
"Like I said, nothing will come in the way of me and my child." I say.
She nods, getting in her car and rolling down the window to shoot me an evil looking smile.
"Good luck with that, Tommy."

•Lias Pov•
I sit out on the front porch, a glass of my mum's delicious tea in hand and a book in the other. I love my mums house here. It's in the cutest little neighborhood where every house has a white picket fence and some cute little dog. I wish Tom and I lived in an actual neighborhood rather than secluded and alone. He doesn't like neighbors, but I love them.

Noah sits on the other end of the porch, playing his guitar. He just started getting into it, and it's a nice break from his violin.
"Oh no.." he groans, looking out to the street. I lift my brow at him, and follow his gaze to see what the reaction was about. My eyes land on a blonde guy walking down the sidewalk with the prettiest Great Dane I've ever seen.
"Hey Daniels!" The guy calls to Noah.
"Great.." Noah mutters.
"Who is that?" I ask, but he simply shakes his head at me.
The guy walks up, and Noah sets his guitar down and walks to meet him at the steps.
"I didn't know you were back in town." Noah says.
"Just got in last night." He smiles.
The boys eyes look over to me, moving up and down. Normally I'd get mad at any guy checking me out, but I feel so ugly and undesirable since getting pregnant that it makes me happy to see I'm still attractive. Well, at least until my bump starts showing. Then everyone will know I'm pregnant and hormonal and want to avoid me.

"And who's this?" He asks.
"No." Noah says plainly, but the guy walks straight past him and over to me.
"I'm Caleb." He introduces himself, jutting out his hand to me.
"Lia." I say.
"Ah, the older sister." He nods. "I'm the one who kicks your little brothers ass in wrestling." So that explains why Noah doesn't like him.. Noah hates competition, especially when he knows he can't beat them.

"Well then I'm sorry, but I can't talk to the competition." I joke.
"Picking sides are we?" He asks.
"Well considering I've known my brother his entire life and we just met, yes. I'm picking sides." I nod.
"Well how about you get to know me this Thursday evening?" He smirks at me.
I can't help but let out a small laugh. I just met this guy and he thinks I'd go out with him that easily?
"Sorry but I'm married." I say. "And even if I wasn't, I would never go out with someone as cocky as you."
I say that but.. tom might just be the most cocky boy I've ever met in my life.
"Alright, a married woman. I respect that."
He nods, turning his attention back to Noah to chat as I get a notification on my phone.

It's from our security system.. an undetected face at our front door. Who would be at our house let alone be able to get past the gate? Toms home right now, who is he inviting over while I'm gone? It wouldn't be weird to check.. I mean, I did get a notification for it. It's not snooping..

I click the notification and it takes me to the app, the shots of the 'undetected' face load, and my mouth drops. This can't actually be happening..
Toms having Lydia over while I'm gone...