•39•

Tom looks through the papers carefully, and I just pace the room like the stressed out over protective wife that I am. This is fucking ridiculous. Michael literally just met Tom how could he possibly even want to do this? It's insane. He's gone insane.
"Why the fuck is he getting a restraining order against you?! He doesn't even live here!" I exclaim.
"Because I told him that if he keeps following you that I'd kill him." He says simply.
"Okay? Still doesn't make sense." I shake my head.
"Yeah it does.. he knows that once this gets out it'll drag my name through the dirt." He explains.
That's absolutely insane. Why would he be out to get Tom? It's not like he's madly in love with me or anything, we haven't even seen each other in person since we were like eight years old. There is no reason why he should want to attack Tom.
"Why would he want to do that?" I question.
"I have no clue." He answers.
I take a deep breath, and sit down in my seat once more, trying not to over think this situation. Tom and I always find a way. No matter how bad things have gotten in the past and no matter what obstacles come for our business, we always manage to fix it.
"Don't worry darling, I'll take care of this. You go ahead and get to work." He encourages.
"Are you sure?" I ask.
"Yes. I've got this."

•Toms Pov•
I wait for Lia to leave the room before letting myself panic to the extent that I need to. No, not because Michael is getting a restraining order against me, I could take care of that in seconds. The reason I'm panicking is something much, much worse. The last name. Deckson. I mostly remember it because it's the stupidest fucking last name I've ever heard, but it's also the last name of my gold digger of an ex girlfriend. Please for the love of god don't be related..

I send an email to my P.I. asking him to look into this and find out if the two are connected and if so, how. I swear to god is Lydia is involved in this at all.. I'm going to have a huge problem on my hands. She ruined me.. broke me in every way possible.. moved in and took advantage of me. I'm past that now, I have the love of my life. I don't need the drama of her coming back, even if it is through her dumb ass brother getting a restraining order against me for absolutely no reason.

A chime comes from my laptop, and I quickly look at the email from my private investigator.
P.I. Timothy: I'll have this for you by noon. Locations and all. Come by the office.
Perfect. I'll get this sorted out. I will protect Lia from the insanity that is Lydia. Luckily she's not dangerous like Derek was, but she's manipulative and has a way of making everyone around her question everything. It's terrifying. I just need to calm down. Even if Michael and Lydia are related, that doesn't mean she's going to just show up out of the blue. She stopped texting me for money after that night when Lia had first come over to my house for a movie night. She's done well at staying gone, and I don't logically think I have to worry about her.

I set all my work for the day aside, and grab my things to head out to my private investigators office. I stop at George's desk, peeking in through the window of Amelia's office. Perfect. She's busy on a conference call.
"George, I need you to cover for me. Stuff with the lawsuit I don't think she needs to be apart of." I say.
"Course, I'll keep her busy." He nods.
Hands down the best assistant in this whole god damn building.
I walk down to my car, and head to the P.I. Office in hopes of getting to hear him say that Michael and Lydia have no link. That it's just a coincidence.

I walk into the building, and head up to his office. This man is the best of the best, or at least he better be for how much he charges me. Either way, I know he will have everything I need to know.
"Come on in." He lets me into the office.
He pulls out a file, already made up and ready to go. He's quick.
"Michael and Lydia are half siblings. Four years ago Lydia moved up to Florida to live with him, but they had a falling out. She moved back here a year ago and started modeling for some magazines. She keeps a low profile." He informs me.
God dammit.. I was really hoping I was wrong about this.
"So how likely do you think it is that she will hear about this?" I ask.
"Well considering they are not in contact anymore.. not too likely." He shakes his head. "That is unless, the media gets its story off of you, then there's no telling."
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
Well of course the media is going to drag my name through the dirt.. this dude is acting like I held a knife to his throat or something. I can't believe he has the fucking nerve to do this when he was the one being creepy and stalking Lia.
"I want daily updates on Lydia.. if she is going to come around, I want to know first." I say.
"You've got it." He nods.

I stop at the florist to pick up some sunflowers for my girl, and head back to the office. I walk up to George's desk, seeing him hard at work.
"Did she leave her office at all?" I ask.
"No, she's working herself to death." He responds. When is she not working herself to death? This job is her favorite thing.
I walk into her office, and smile at the sight. She's asleep, her head resting on the top of her desk and a pen still caught between her fingers. She's been working herself too hard. She's pregnant now.. she has every excuse to be taking it easy. I set the flowers on her desk, and lean down to kiss her head. Her eyes start to scrunch, and she takes a deep inhale.
"Tommy?" She mutters, her eyes still closed.
"Yes baby?"
"I'm sleepy."
God her voice is so fucking adorable.
"I see that, do you need to call it a day? Go home and get some rest maybe?" I suggest, and almost instantly her eyes open.
She's not happy about that suggestion..
"I don't need to go home. I am functioning just fine. Are you trying to tell me I'm not?"
Hello pregnancy hormones. Can't wait to live with you for the next eight months of my life. This is going to be lovely.
"No, I'm just saying that if you fall asleep on your desk, maybe you should go home and sleep. That's all." I shrug.

"What are we going to do?" She asks and I lift my brow.
"About?.." I trail off.
"The baby. I'm not quitting, but I don't want him or her to think that we are neglectful or unloving." She says in a panic.
This really just came out of no where.. I understand why it's worrying her but it's not something we need to figure out for a while.. she doesn't need to stress it.
"That's not going to happen darling, even if I have to hire someone to build a daycare down the hall. It will all work out. I promise." I assure her.
"Okay.." she sighs. "I'm scared of all of this.."
I shake my head with a smile, grabbing her hand in mine.
"I'm terrified too." I admit. "But Lia, we are going to make damn good parents."
"You think so?" She asks.
"I know so.." I nod. "I can't wait to have a family with you, my love."