•43•

Tom explained everything to me. How he met up with Lydia, kept his distance, and managed to get everything dropped. He didn't quite say how he managed to convince them to drop it, but I trust him. I don't need details. I trust that he was respectful to me and won't be seeing her again. At least I really hope she will leave us alone now..

I feel nauseated. I suck on the pregnancy pops that Nikki brought me, but they're slowly starting to not work. Morning sickness is a bitch. Tom walks into the room, and frowns when he sees I have the pops pulled out.
"Are you sick my love?" He asks.
"Mhm." I hum.
He grabs my legs, sitting on the sofa then letting them rest over his lap. His hand rests on my stomach, and he smiles.
"Hi my little Lima bean." He says and I giggle. "You are gonna be making mummy very miserable for the next eight months, so we're going to have to make that up to her somehow."
"And how are you going to do that?" I ask.
"I'm thinking of getting our construction people out to Oregon to build us a place by your mums so we can go visit for a few weeks at a time." He says.
"Oh my god are you serious?!" I ask excitedly.
"Dead serious. I want our baby to know both of their grandmas." He nods.

This is the best idea he's ever had. I miss my mum so much, and I was starting to get really bummed at the idea of our baby not knowing her. Of course we could visit, but it's just not logical to stay with her or in a hotel for long. Having our own place there would be amazing. We could work from there so we could stay for weeks or even a month at a time. It's perfect.

The door bell rings, and I quickly remember that Evangeline is coming to stay with us for a night. She hasn't had a sleepover here in a while and she apparently is having major auntie and uncle withdrawals. Tom gets up to open the door, and I watch as Evangeline quickly runs in with a squeal, jumping into his arms and squeezing him tightly.

"Uncle Tom! I missed you!" She giggles happily.
"Have fun you guys." Sam says before leaving.
"Auntie Lia!" She says when she sees me. "Put me down! Put me down!"
Tom let's the girl go, obviously a little hurt that she was so quick to leave him for me, but what can I say? I'm her favorite.
She hugs me tightly, and I hug her back. Shes my absolute favorite.

"I have a secret to tell you." She whispers to me as Tom scrolls through his phone on the other side of the room.
"Alright what is it?" I ask.
"I have a boyfriend!"
Those words spark Toms attention immediately. He looks over, complete concern laced in his eyes. It's so funny.
"Excuse me? A boyfriend?" He questions.
Oh no here comes over protective Tom. Theres not much to worry about.. shes five.
"His name is Conner. He's so cute!" She says and I hold back my laugh.
Tom gets down to her height, shaking his head.
"What did I tell you about boys?" He asks.
"That they're gross and to stay away from them." She says.
"Exactly so stay away from Conner or I'll throw him in the bin." He says and my mouth drops.
"Tom. You're talking about a five year old." I remind him.
"And? That just means he will fit perfectly in the bin." He shrugs.
Oh dear god my husband is insane.

After Tom spends at least fifteen minutes giving Evangeline a lecture on why she isn't allowed to date until she's thirty five years old, we head into the kitchen to make the cupcakes with all the things we bought for her. It's so cute watching her and Tom baking together. He's so good with kids and I can't wait to see how he is with our own.
"Okay be really careful not to get any of the shell in there." He says as he lets Eva crack an egg.
She does it beautifully, and he high fives her.
"Lia we have a little bakery owner to invest in." He says.
"Oh definitely." I nod. "I can see it already."

I mix up the icing with different food colorings, and start to feel nauseous again from the smell of the sugary icing. The smell of sugar is a trigger now? Great. There goes my tea. I step away, moving to sit down at the table and take deep breaths to calm my stomach.
"What's wrong auntie Lia?" Eva asks.
"I'm alright. Just feel sick." I assure her that everything is just fine.
"Why are you sick?" She asks.
Well.. maybe it's time to tell her that Tom and I are having a baby. This is so exciting. I just know she will be so happy to have a little cousin running around.

"Well Evangeline, I'm pregnant. Which means that I'm growing a baby in my belly and it makes me feel sick sometimes." I explain to her.
"A baby?! Is she going to be here soon?!" She asks excitedly.
"Well we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. And no, they won't be here soon. It'll take a while." I say.
She jumps up and down excitedly, and Tom watches the interaction with the biggest smile on his face. I love how much he loves Evangeline. He's going to love our kid even more which almost seems impossible.
"Alright you little monster, let's decorate these cupcakes." He calls her back over.
Sometimes I'm just taken aback by how much I love my husband. He truly is the perfect man.

While they frosted the cupcakes, I took a shower and got some comfortable clothes on. Going back down to the kitchen, I see the finished cupcakes on the counter, but not Tom or Eva. I then walk through the house to each room looking for them, until I reach her room. They sit on the little bed while she plays with her stuffed animals.
"Uncle Tom.. do you love Auntie Lia?" Eva asks.
"With my whole entire heart." He answers.
"Do you think anyone will ever love me that much one day?" She questions.
Oh my sweet little Eva, so unaware of how adored she is.
"Evangeline, you already are loved that much by so many people." He says. "Especially your dad and mum."
"When the baby comes, will you not want me anymore?"
Oh my god.. that broke my heart a little bit. How could she ever think we wouldn't want her anymore? Shes the light of our lives. We adore her.
"As long as I'm alive, you are going to be a very important part of our lives. I will always want you." He assures her and she hugs him tightly. Oh man.. the pregnancy hormones. I'm going to cry..

Tom tells her Goodnight before tucking her in. He walks towards the door and spots me, giving me a smile.
"How long where you waiting here?" He asks.
"Long enough to see what an amazing father you will be."
We head off to the main room to put on a movie and relax. He kisses my lips and pulls away with a frown, his hand resting on my arm.
"You're cold. I'll get you a blanket."
He jumps up from the sofa, headed to grab some warm blankets while I get criminal minds ready to watch.

His phone dings, and I instinctively grab it to see who it is. I look at the screen with wide eyes, almost a little hurt at what I see. Why is Lydia texting him.. I thought all of this was dealt with and done? I know he says she was a little crazy and everything but.. I wasn't expecting her to still be contacting him.
Lydia: are we still on for Tuesday?
What the fuck do they have planned for Tuesday?! I quickly set his phone down in the exact same spot. I'm going to act like I didn't even see the text, and then we will see if he actually leaves to be with her..