•40•

It's been about five days since Tom got served, and he won't talk to me about it. All he will tell me is that he's 'handling it' but that's not reassuring at all. On top of that I have yet another meeting with the lawyer over the Derek trial. And on top of all of that, there is one little ray of sunshine. My obgyn appointment to get an ultrasound and see how the baby is doing so far. I know there won't be much to see, but I'm still so excited. It will make this feel real.

I sit in front of my mirror, brushing out my hair and tying it up for my appointment. I look down at my phone to see if Tom has texted me, but he hasn't. All day. He's been acting a little off these past few days.. I haven't said anything because well, I've been over reacting a lot lately. He just seems so stressed and not himself. I want to help him, but I can't if he doesn't talk to me, which is difficult when he's been working late nights and leaving early in the morning. I just hope he's okay.

I pull out my phone, and put it to my ear. He went to work this morning and is supposed to come pick me up so we can go to my appointment together. It rings and rings, but goes to voicemail.
"Tom, it's fifteen minutes until my ultrasound. Where are you?" I say, and hang up the phone. I can only hope he hasn't gotten himself into trouble or some shit. He tends to do that a lot.
I wait five more minutes, and quickly realize he's not fucking coming. How could he forget our first ultrasound?! This is important and he bailed. I angrily stand to my feet, and grab the keys to my car, leaving the house.

I get to my obgyn, and still Tom hasn't called me back. He completely forgot about me. I'm pissed.
"Hi, Amelia Holland I have an appointment." I check in.
"Yes, take a seat she will be right with you." The woman smiles.
I sit down in the almost empty waiting room, trying not to let my anger boil over. What could possibly be more important to him right now? I know he's stressed with the lawsuits and everything but he should be here. He said he would be here.

"Amelia? I can take you back." The assistant smiles at me and I let out a small sigh, realizing Toms going to miss it.
I stand to my feet, and she takes me back to my room, taking my vitals and getting me all set up for my ultrasound. The door to my room opens and a panicked Tom walks in, looking very guilty.
"I'm so sorry I'm late." He apologizes.
"The sonographer will be right in to see you." The girl says, and leaves the room.
I look to Tom with complete disappointment.
"You were supposed to pick me up." I state.
"I know I am so sorry. I forgot I had a meeting and it ran late and I came as soon as I realized." He says quickly.
"Whatever Tom.." I sigh.
"Please don't be mad at me." He pleads.
"I Just wish you would talk to me is all.." I mutter.
"Talk to you? About what?" He asks.
Is he really that oblivious to how distant he's been? Now is really not the time for him to become distant and unattached. I need him now more than ever.
"You've been acting weird lately." I say. "And you won't tell me why."
"I'm sorry Lia.. I just can't right now."
What the fuck.. so he is hiding something! I knew it!

Before I can say anything, the sonographer walks in. I mentally groan, but put a smile on my face and greet her.
"Are we ready for some pictures?" She asks.
"Absolutely." I nod.
"Now just know, you probably won't be able to see much because it's so early. Don't worry about it, it's completely normal." She explains.
I lift up my shirt, and she pulls out the wand, squirting some gel on the end of it. She then presses it down on my stomach and glides it around. I'm a little freaked out over what Tom is keeping from me, but it truly does just melt away when he grabs my hand and softly kisses my head. I love this boy with my whole heart. Even if he's keeping secrets or being sneaky. because I know that whatever it is, it's not another woman. He would never do that to me.

•Toms Pov•
My nerves relax instantly when my girl looks up at me with a smile. She's my whole world, and I can't stand when she's mad at me. Everything has been so chaotic these past five days because the drama of Lydia has retuned. I knew that evil bitch was going to get involved one way or another.

I had tried to reach out to Michael to see if we could solve this without legal action. Worst. Idea. Ever. I didn't get a call back from him, no. I got a call from someone so much worse.
Lydia.
I hung up almost instantly, but it was still almost traumatizing just to hear her voice for that split second. She shattered me. It took me far too long to heal from her. I can't stand her voice now.

"Alright." The sonographer catches my attention. "This right here, this black area, it's your sac. And this teeny tiny white dot right here? That's your baby."
I stare at the screen in awe. I can't believe it.. our little baby is actually in there. It's real..
"That's our little Louis." She says happily.
"Or Lacey." I say.
"No.. it's Louis. I can just feel it." She says.
My beautiful wife and my beautiful baby.. could life get any better? I don't even give a shit about my worries right now, because all that matters is that I made a baby with the woman I love. I thought becoming rich and successful was the dream- and I was wrong. This is.

"Everything looks great." She says. "We will know a lot more at your six to eight week check in."
"Thank you so much." I say.
The woman says her goodbyes and Lia begins wiping the gel off her stomach.
"Here." I say, grabbing another wipe but she pushes my hand away.
I guess she is still mad after all..
"Darling don't be like that." I say.
"What is it you can't tell me?" She asks.
"I really think it's for the best that I handle it on my own." I say.
She ignores me, pulling her shirt back down and standing to her feet. I roll my eyes at her attitude, and grab her hand, pulling her to face me. My fingers wrap around her throat, making her gaze instantly lift to meet mine.
"Quit being a little brat. I'm protecting you." I say plainly before letting my grip loosen.
She grabs my hand, throwing it off of her. I stand there in complete shock, shes never done that before..
"You can't just use sex to make this go away." She states, and walks out without me.
God dammit.. I think I just made this worse.

I need to just be honest with her. Something about talking about Lydia just makes me so uncomfortable, especially when talking to Lia. In no way do I still care about Lydia, but it still feels wrong to talk about how much she hurt me. I feel like that makes Lia feel bad, and I really don't want her to feel bad. She tried to get me to talk about it, but I always change the subject. I guess there's no getting around the subject now. It's time to tell her Lydia is back...