•54•

A/N: I know I said this was the last chapter but ending it on 54 rather than 55 bothers the fuck out of me so there will be one more chapter♥️

•Lias Pov•
I head down to the hotel that I know Tom is staying at because it's the hotel we always stay at. I miss when we would come down here together. Get a room and just enjoy our time away from all the stress back in London. But now that stress has followed us here and there's no getting away from it.

I walk through the lobby, and up to the elevator. I already know he's staying in the nicest suite in the building that we always stay in. It's our favorite. I feel so nervous to talk to him.. I don't think either of us want to budge on our views of the situation, but we're gonna have to. If we want to last we need to compromise.

I get to the room, and stand there nervously. Just knock on the fucking door Lia. It's not that hard.. except that it is. I lift my hand, knocking on the door. I wait a minute, and it opens to reveal my husband. I knew he would be staying here.
"Lia.. what are you doing here?" He asks.
"Rule number two, Tom." I state. "Communication."
He opens the door wider, letting me walk in. I sit on the edge of the bed, patting next to me for him to sit. Time to come up with a compromise and get all of this over with.

"You go first." He offers. Here we go..
"I'm so excited to be parents with you.. I'm excited to have our baby and have all of this with you, but I did not consent to raising another woman's baby." I say. "And it upsets me that you'd just expect it of me without even talking to me about it."
He nods, staring at the ground almost as if he's disassociated a bit. I can't tell what he's thinking.. but I'm scared.

"I get that." He nods.
Instantly some relief washes over me and I can relax my shoulders a bit.
"But.." he trails off. "I'm sorry.. I don't see a compromise here."
Oh..
"You don't?" I ask.
"What do you want me to do?" He questions.
"Oh I don't know, maybe file for joint custody rather than trying to get full custody." I state.
He shakes his head at me with a sigh.
"I don't want my kid around her.. she's not a good person." He says.
"Tom do you hear yourself? You want to force me into mothering another baby because you don't like the real mom. That's not okay.. you can't do that to me."

I don't know how he thinks that's a valid excuse to push this on to me. He very well could just file for joint custody, he has no logical reason to force me to be this child's mother. So what if he doesn't like Lydia? It's not fair. If she's threatening to not let him see the baby he just needs to go to court and get part time custody. Not full custody. It's unnecessary.

"Why are you making such a big deal of it?" He asks.
"Do you understand how hard babies are?" I question. "How hard it is to parent one child let alone two?"
He looks at me with a dumbfounded expression.. as if I have no clue what I'm talking about. He has this idea in his head that raising two babies will be just as easy as raising one but that's just not how it works.
"So you don't want me to raise my kid.." he says.
"I never said that. I simply stated that I shouldn't be held responsible for your child. I did not agree to that. There's no reason that it needs to happen, and honestly it's a little selfish for you to just expect that of me."

It terrifies me to speak my mind so openly to him, but I need to. I need him to understand. Of all the things that could have gotten in the way of our marriage, I did not expect another woman's baby to be one of them..
"Lia.. I need you on board." He pleads with hopeful eyes.
"I'm sorry.. I can't." I say quietly.
"What do you mean you can't?"
I look down at the ground.. knowing exactly how I feel. I can't change that for him.
"I will not raise Lydias baby." I say.

I deserve at least this much. I deserve the first baby I hold to be my own. I deserve my first sleepless night because the baby won't stop crying to be my own. I deserve our first time putting a baby to sleep in their crib to be my own. I don't want all my firsts to be with someone else's baby. I deserve to have all of those experiences with my baby.

"Lia.. don't make me choose between you or my child." He shakes his head.
"If you think those are your only options then that is on you Tom." I sigh.
"So you're really going to do this?" He asks.
"I'm not doing this.. you are." I say. "Think it through. Let me know when you've made a decision."

_______________________________

It's been three days since I last spoke to Tom. Not one phone call, text, absolutely nothing. I know he's still here because I talked with Haz and found out he hasn't gone home, but what could possibly be going through his head that makes him not speak to me for three days? I know we're in a stressful situation, but I need him to tell me what he wants.

I sit in my room, on video chat with Stassie in tears. Everything was fine a few weeks ago and now I feel like I'm loosing my husband. The love of my life.
"It's going to be okay Lia. He loves you." Stassie says through tears of her own. She is very empathetic and whenever I am crying, she cries right along with me. I appreciate her so much. She has a wedding coming up in six months, yet all of her focus is on me right now. I quite literally couldn't ask for a better best friend.

"But does he love me enough?" I say quietly.
"We will see.." she responds.
My phone dings, and a notification from Tom pops up. My eyes widen with surprise, and I check to see what he said.
Tom: can I come by and talk?
Finally... let's get this over with. I let stassie know what's happening, and get off of the phone with her. I'm glad my mum and brother aren't here.. because if it goes wrong I just know that Noah would kick his ass. I don't want that.

I wait impatiently in the main room for Tom to show up, my hands tapping nervously on my thighs. I just really want this to go smoothly..
there's a knock on the door and I quickly jump up from my seat, and walk over to open the door. I smile when I see his face, but he doesn't smile back. He looks nervous, and it makes me drop the happy attitude instantly. Oh no..
"Tom.." I trail off.
"Come on. Let's talk." He says.

We walk in, sitting down on the sofa. I take notice of how he sits further away from me than he normally does. He's so cold and distant with me right now.. I just miss him. What we were before all of this mess started with Lydia. I hate her. I hate her for fucking with my marriage. And even worse- I hate Tom for fertilizing her eggs. I know it's not his fault whatsoever, But I can't help how upset I am over all of this.

I reach out for his hand, but he pulls it away. I look at him with hurt, and he sighs.
"Tom.." I try, but he's put up a wall.
"Amelia." He says my full name.. that he hasn't used in a very long time. "I'm sorry.."
"W-what? Sorry for what?" My voice cracks.
His eyes go blood shot and he squeezes them closed, looking to the ground.
"I'm so sorry.."

A/N: see you guys in the next and final chapter..