Trouble in Paradise

Chloe's House - 08:43 am

Max's P.O.V

As soon as Chloe and I got in the car, Josh and Rachel climbed into the back of the truck and leaned on whatever they could find.

Max: - Chloe?

Chloe: - That's me. - She said as she stepped on the gas.

Max: - I want you to know that if Rachel's parents call you into the house, don't refuse.

Chloe: - Uh, and why not?

Max: - We need to do it as if this is just a normal visit. You're the only person they will see, so you need to act naturally.

Chloe: - Like... Being myself?

Max: - Yes. Just don't exaggerate.

Chloe: - Nothing is too exaggerated when it comes to Chloe Price.

Max: - That's what we're going to see.

Chloe: - Is there anything else I should know?

Max: - Do not, under any circumstances, let Rachel's parents go upstairs. Or rather, try to keep them in the kitchen. Do something that will distract them for a long time.

Chloe: - Don't let Rachel's parents go upstairs... Got it! Looks easy.

Max: - No, it's not just that! Rachel still has to go down the stairs to get money from her dad's safe.

Chloe: - Damn! I forgot about that!

Max: - You can do it, don't worry. I know you can. You're Chloe Price.

Josh's P.O.V

As I looked to the side, I noticed that Rachel was calmly watching the view as the truck moved at a moderate speed.

Josh: - Rachel?

Rachel: - Yes?

Josh: - Do you have any idea how we're going to get into your house?

Rachel: - One. But I don't know if it will really work.

Josh: - Is it too risky?

Rachel: - Well... There may be a possibility that this will go wrong. But this isn't the most complicated part.

Josh: - I was afraid you'd say that.

Rachel: - It's just that I still have to enter my dad's office to get the money from the safe.

Josh: - Fuck... Now the shit hit the fan.

Rachel: - Absolutely.

After that, we remained silent as we watched the trees that were left behind as the truck moved.

Rachel: - But it will be worth it. All of it. I know that.

Josh: - If you say so...

After a few minutes on the road, we finally arrived in front of Rachel's house.

Rachel's P.O.V (Rachel's House - 09:04 am)

As Chloe approached the shoulder, she parked the truck between the sidewalk and the street and got out of the car with Max. Josh got out of the back of the truck and I did the same.

Then we walked halfway to the entrance and stopped.

Max: - Ok... Everyone knows what to do, right?

Chloe: - Maybe I could have forgotten... What was I supposed to do?

Max: - You just need to distract Rachel's parents until she and Josh enter the house and manage to get-

Chloe: - Oh, ok! I remember now, you don't need to tell me anymore.