The Ferris Wheel

Blue Ocean Pier - 02:29 pm

Josh's P.O.V

Rachel and I kept walking on that long dirt trail until the forest finally came to an end. We got to a road so calm and so empty that we could even hear the noise of the wind flying everywhere.

As we crossed the street and went up on the sidewalk, we saw a large, wide wooden pier above the waters of a beach. We could see the huge Ferris Wheel from here.

After watching that amazing view of the Pacific Ocean, we went down that old and creaky wooden stairs and stepped onto the pier.

Rachel: - Holy shit. This is so Los Angeles!

Josh: - Uh... Santa Monica is a little bigger than that, but... yes. This is so Los Angeles.

Rachel: - This is my biggest dream. I always wanted to get the hell out of this shit town and never look back. I don't even know what the fuck you're doing here, Josh.

Suddenly, Rachel stopped walking and looked at me.

Rachel: - Why aren't you in Los Angeles?!

Josh: - Can we talk about that later?

Rachel: - We can talk about it now. We have all the time in the world. You know that.

Josh: - Maybe another time, Rachel. - I said trying to change the subject. - As you said, we have all the time in the world.

Rachel: - Ok, Josh Stones. But I want you to know that this conversation is not over yet. You'll have to answer me sooner or later.

Josh: - Well... Looks like I owe you one now.

Rachel: - Yes, you do.

After that, I kept heading towards the big Ferris Wheel and Rachel followed me. The pier was completely empty as it was in one of the less popular spots in Arcadia Bay. There was only the sound of some seagulls flying by us and the cold breeze that hit our faces.

We were getting closer and closer to the Ferris Wheel and I kept getting more and more nervous. However, we were stopped by a beautiful and flashy drink machine on the way.

Josh: - Hey, are you up for one of these?

Rachel: - Sure thing.

Josh: - Let's take a break from the beers this time. Go on, you can choose. Coke or Pepsi?

Rachel: - Coke, of course. Wait, maybe Pepsi? Nah, I had Pepsi last week. I'll take Coke.

She didn't insist on beer. Looks like Rachel Amber likes sodas now. Interesting.

Josh: - Hm... I thought you liked beer better.

Then I reached into my pocket and pulled out a different coin.

Josh: - Oops! - I said as I put it back. - Wrong one.

I could see from her face that Rachel was wondering what that coin was. I hope she doesn't ask any questions about it.

I reached into my pocket again and pulled out a normal coin this time.

Josh: - Ok, this is more like it.

When I went to put the coin in that machine, Rachel interrupted me.

Rachel: - Wait. - She said as she reached into her pocket. - Let me pay.

Josh: - Don't worry, I have money. Leave it to me.

Rachel: - No. I'll pay.

Josh: - Too late! - I said as I quickly inserted the coin into the machine.