Daydreaming

Josh's Room - 10:15 am

Josh's P.O.V

Do you know that feeling of falling from the highest place in the world without having any control over the situation? That's exactly how I woke up in my room today.

After a strange and meaningless dream, I got up from my bed and walked out of my room. There was no one in the halls and I wondered all the time where all the boys were.

When I got to the bathroom, I did everything I had to do and went back to my room. I put on my usual black hoodie and grabbed a few other things. My worn out skateboard, my phone that only had one song and especially Rachel's earring.

After having all that with me, I walked out the door and into the main courtyard. There was a huge stage there with a lot of girls decorating a big blue curtain with stars and stuff like that. Maybe that's the presentation Rachel told me this morning.

In the midst of a bunch of people sitting on benches and grass, I spotted Justin and the group of skaters in the middle of the courtyard. But instead of going to them, I decided to go unnoticed and went to the street. I needed some alone time with my skateboard. I needed to walk around a bit. I needed to wake up.

>> Some time later >>

After walking a lot, I arrived at a large park that was about three blocks from Blackwell. There was a small space dedicated to skaters there and I was definitely going to take advantage of it.

Since there was no one in that park, I could skate through it freely up all the ramps and over all the handrails. I skated around a lot until my phone interrupted me with a vibration.

When braking the skateboard in front of a ramp, I took my phone out of my pocket and opened the text I just got.

Phone:

Rachel: Josh Stones!

Rachel: Why can't I stop thinking about the amazing moment we had last night in that supermarket? The mess we made, the things we sprayed, the beer we drank, everything was hella fucking cool!! Are you awake?

Josh: Well... I think you just answered your own question. Bc everything was HELLA FUCKING COOL

Rachel: IKR!!

Josh: And yes, I'm awake. I'm skating in a park about three blocks from Blackwell

Rachel: And you didn't call me?!

Josh: I didn't even know you were awake

Rachel: In case you don't know, I usually wake up very early. I thought you were sleeping!!

Josh: Yeah, it took me a while to sleep after we got back from the supermarket. I think I was still tired, I don't know

Rachel: That's weird. You look like a real sleepyhead, Josh Stones

Josh: I just look like it. I'm not

Rachel: I forgot to say, I had a hella weird dream!! You were in it

Josh: What? Really?

Rachel: Really!! Come here in the parking lot and I'll tell you everything

Josh: K, I'm on my way

After that, I took my skateboard and went to the exit of the park. But halfway there, I heard footsteps behind me and turned around to see who it was.

And that's when I came across that hooded guy again. The moment I saw him, I froze from head to toe and my heart started to beat faster.