Rachel's Diary

Camp Room - 01:47 am

Josh's P.O.V

After Rachel fell asleep, I opened her diary and started flipping through the pages. Luckily, the moonlight that came in through the sunroof hit right where we were. That way I would be able to read everything.

First page of the diary:

1/365: Nothing worse than starting the first day of the year crying. It will be the same shit, all over again! The same shitty year, the same shitty city, the same shitty life... I don't know if I can take it all over again. But at least I have you to hear me. Don't abandon me, Diary of Eternity. You must be wondering why I gave you that name... I gave you that name because you will endure a hellish eternity with me, experiencing my worst moments. Get ready. #HangInThere.

Then I turned the page.

2/365: It was exactly like I thought... I came back from school after going through a hellish day with my fucking dad and I'm already down in the dumps. It was a peaceful day until he came and started giving me two hours of lecture that seemed like an eternity! I swear I can't take this fucking year! #TheWorstYearEver.

Josh's thought: Damn... It seems that Rachel was really pissed off at that time.

Moving on to what matters, I flipped through the pages quickly in hopes of finding something about myself. I had to be very careful not to make too much noise, as Rachel was already asleep.

Josh's thought: First, let's get down to business. But before that, I need to check something.

Then I stopped in a part where there was a picture of a girl with blue hair and a huge name above it written in beautiful letters the words: "Chloe Fucking Price!"

Unreadable diary page:

Who is Chloe Price? Who is this girl who suddenly came into my life and now is everything for me? This amazing girl who is not afraid to show who she really is? This girl who is incredibly hot and sexy?

Below was a malicious photo of Chloe pinned to that page.

Josh's thought: Oh shit... Got it! Next!

After that, I skipped to the last pages of the diary and finally found something about myself. There was a big page with my name written gigantic on a sheet accompanied by some drawings of guitars, skateboards and coins.

Josh's thought: Wow... I didn't know that Rachel drew that well.

On the next page was a picture of Rachel and me together at the supermarket. I thought I would never see that photo again until I realized that she really saved it for something important.

Below the photo were several words that I thought were about me.

Josh's thought: I definitely have to see this!

Unreadable diary page:

Do you know that person who likes the same things as you, who knows how to put a smile on your face when you are sad and who especially knows how to make things fun? So... Josh Stones is that person. My true fire spirit.

Josh Stones came into my life as a "nobody" and, like Chloe, became my world. Last night we went to a Prescott's supermarket and turned the whole place upside down. Yes, that's right, the Prescott's supermarket! To this day, I can't believe this night was real! After it was all over, Josh sat with me in an overturned soft drink machine and told me a little about his life. It really wasn't what I expected. He also told me that he didn't have many friends in his childhood, but I couldn't believe him. He is so badass that, if I could, I would take him with me in a suitcase forever! Maybe I still do that... It's not a bad idea.

Recently there was a rumor that Josh was planning to start a band. As soon as I heard, I couldn't stand it and had to run to check it out. And he's hella good at it! Besides, that's why I met him. I don't regret waking up that day.

In short: Josh Stones is a handsome boy with dark hair and blue eyes who skates like nobody's business, is hella good at playing electric guitar and has an incredible sense of humor. Sometimes he hides things from me, but then he ends up telling the truth. I confess that I have a crush on him... But it goes away with time. And the most amazing thing is that he came from Los Angeles! LOS ANGELES! That's hella fucking awesome!

Josh's thought: Shit... Am I dreaming? Rachel said I have an incredible sense of humor and she even thinks I'm cute! It can't be...

After reading all this, I turned to the last page.

Josh and I fought. Don't know what happened. We started screaming at each other, without thinking about what we were saying and ended up saying what we shouldn't. I know I shouldn't care about that, as usual, but this time I couldn't help giving a fuck. I was sorry I told him all that shit. He didn't deserve to hear that...

Now I'm here, sitting on my bed while I look up and think about what I'm going to write about him. After our fight, he asked me to take a break. Me, an independent Leo! What is he driving at? I don't know what he's doing now or where he's at, but

Rachel didn't write anything else after that.

Josh's thought: Uh... Why did she stop writing? Did something happen?

After turning that page, a small folded notebook sheet fell over my face. And that's when I noticed that Rachel had done a continuation.

Folded sheet:

Holy shit... Josh came here all injured with his face covered in blood! What happened to him? Was it because of me? Fucking shit!

Rachel had still written more stuff after that, but she scribbled everything with a pen.

As soon as I finished reading the important pages, I closed the diary and placed it on top of the nightstand.

Josh's thought: I think I'm surprised. I didn't know that Rachel had another way of seeing life. Maybe I don't really know her as well as I think...

After all this, I put my arms over Rachel's back and hugged her. Then, I stared at the ceiling while listening to the blonde's soft and continuous breathing. After a while, I fell asleep.