Disappointment, RPG and Vortex Club

Junkyard - 04:17 pm

Chloe's P.O.V

Here I am lying on the couch with my arm over my face waiting for Rachel to arrive. I was throwing a little ball at the wall that I found in a wreckage to see if the boredom would go away.

She was only thirteen minutes away, but it felt like hours. It's amazing how I don't have the patience to wait for people. But we're talking about Rachel, so it must be normal. Sometimes she tends to be late when I ask her out (in fact, she's never late 'cause she always comes with me in the car).

Still lying down, I checked the time on my phone (04:22 pm) and got even more impatient. Shit, even the clock is screwing with me? I need to find something to do so I don't freak out while I wait for Rachel.

Well... I'm not in the mood to go outside again to explore the junkyard. I mean, re-explore. I know this place better than my own home. No wonder I call it a second home. It's kind of my natural tranquilizer because I always come here when I'm really sad or pissed off about something. I mean, I come here all the time.

Tired of being in the same position, I sat sideways on that dirty couch. After that, I reached into my pocket and pulled out that little bag of weed I got from Frank.

Shit. Wait a minute. Are these two bags? Looks like Frank gave me a little more than I asked for. Did he make a mistake?

With a smile on my face, I put the other bag next to me on the couch and opened the one in my hands. Then I prepared the weed. After that, I finished with the fire of a lighter that I always carry with me.

It wasn't necessary, Frank. But since you offered, I accept the other bag. I don't refuse gifts.

Then I started smoking that weed and blew out the smoke that flew all over the junkyard. However, as I took the second smoke, I realized that the weed had a different taste.

Wait. What the fuck? I know very well when the taste of weed is different. There's something wrong here.

Suspiciously, I tore open the roll of weed and all I saw was just straw, no weed.

Shit, Frank! Are you seriously selling me straw? Are you going through a crisis? I thought I was lucky to get another free bag. But this is just a joke!

Annoyed, I threw the straw roll on the floor and stomped on it to put out the flame.

Let's hope this other one is real weed. Dammit, how did I not realize that was straw?

I did the same thing with the other bag and lit the end of the roll with my lighter.

Chloe: - Ok, little bag of weed which I hope is weed. Don't let me down.

Then I took it to my mouth and smoked.

Chloe: - Yes! Finally something fucking real!

After that, I kept smoking and lay upside down with my legs up. However, at the same time, I could see someone standing at the door of my hideout out of the corner of my eye, and I got up quickly.

Chloe: - Rachel? - I said without looking.

Frank: - Price? What are you doing here?

Oh shit.

When I saw who it was, I quickly changed my position and hid the other bag of fake weed behind me. I had to step on the straw that I threw on the ground to hide it too.

Chloe: - What are YOU doing here?

Frank: - I was just passing by until I smelled a strong smell of weed through the junkyard. I couldn't help but check it out. Wait, did you say "Rachel"?