Secret Desires

Camp - 02:15 pm

Josh's P.O.V

As I looked through the window, I could see the professor taking some pictures and handing them to Rachel. After that, she sat in a leather armchair and began to observe each one.

Meanwhile, the professor was carefully organizing and repositioning some wall frames. After he was over, he motioned for Rachel to wait and went to the next room, leaving the door half open.

Then I ran to the other window to see what he was doing. When I arrived, I saw him next to Nathan.

The professor always seemed to be telling off when it came to Nathan Prescott, but this time they were just talking while having a drink.

When I realized that they were talking, I approached that window to try to hear better. The conversation was a bit muffled by the glass, but that didn't stop me from staying there. I needed to hear everything.

Nathan: - ...but professor! I want to try! I want to be like you!

Jefferson: - You will just hear me from now on! - Ordered the professor.

Nathan: - Argh! I'm tired of people trying to control me! Let me try, at least this time! I want to become responsible! I promise I won't disappoint you, Mr. Jefferson!

Jefferson: - Did you forget what's at stake here, Nathan?! This work is extremely important to me! It's my work! You have no right to ask for anything here!

Nathan: - But Mr. Jefferson-

Jefferson: - I don't want to hear any more of your complaints, Nathan Prescott!

After this discussion, the professor tried to calm down. As soon as he lowered his voice, he approached Nathan and spoke again.

Jefferson: - Let's just stick to the plan. Do everything the way I tell you and everything will be fine. - Said the teacher putting his hand on Nathan's shoulder. - I promise, my son... You will have your chance... Your time will come.

After that, Nathan looked at Jefferson with a sad face.

Jefferson: - You understood me?

Nathan: - Yes... - He said hiding his desire to cry. - I understood...

Jefferson: - Great. Now leave. I need to speak to Miss. Amber on an extremely important matter. Just to make sure everything is under control around here.

Then Nathan went to the door next to me and left the house crying.

Seeing this, I quickly ran to one of the plants that were close to me and hid behind one of them. With that, Nathan looked back thinking he saw something, but soon afterwards he continued walking with a sulky face.

Josh's thought: Holy shit... What was that I just heard? Jefferson and Nathan have a plan? What is that plan? Why does this involve Rachel? And why was Nathan so sad?

After listening to all of Jefferson and Nathan's conversation, I went back to the room window where Rachel was.

Rachel's P.O.V

I looked carefully at each of the pictures that were in my hands and they all looked wonderful! I've seen great photos, but those were extremely incredible! They have such a beautiful and professional angle! This will definitely work for me!

After some time off, the professor came back with some more pictures to show me.

Jefferson: - So! Miss Amber! What did you think of the pictures I gave you? Did you like it? I have more photos here with me, if you want.