A Goodbye and the Hangman Game

Blackwell Academy - 11:15 am

Chloe's P.O.V (Before)

As soon as I got to Blackwell, I got out of the truck as fast as I could and up the stairs. As I climbed the last step and looked around, all I saw was just an empty courtyard.

The doors were closed, the gate to the dorms was locked with a chain, and the entire campus was quiet.

What the fuck?! Where is everybody?

Then I walked across that empty courtyard to the school's front door. When I got there, I saw a poster taped to the door that said "Welcome to Camp Arcadia Lake! Have you packed your bags yet?".

After ripping that poster off the door, I read every word of it. Then I crumpled it and threw it away.

Dammit, Rachel... You didn't tell me this camp is today! You could have at least warned me before! Why don't you let me know anything else? What happened to us?!

Then I went back to the truck with my head down and got in the car. When I closed the door from the inside, I laid my head on that old steering wheel and thought about everything that was happening to me.

Shit! Why does everyone always leave me?! Why do I always end up alone and fucked up in the end?! I'm tired of it! I'm tired of this shitty routine!

I suddenly let a tear escape my right eye as I raised my head from the steering wheel.

Well... If that's what you want, then so be it, Rachel.

After that, I started the car and left that place. I don't know what might happen to me from now on or what I might become, but I know I'll never go back to that school again.

Chloe: - Have fun with your new friend, Rachel. What we have ends here.

Josh's P.O.V (Bus - 11:42 am)

Josh: - Just tell me one thing: is that word difficult to pronounce?

Rachel: - No. Actually, it's easier than it looks.

Steph: - I can't remember...

Josh: - Ok. Letter T!

Then Rachel filled in a missing part of the word and considered my hit.

Josh: - Yes!

Steph: - Watch out, Josh. We only have one more try. You could have made a mistake!

Josh: - But I didn't.

Game:

A _ B _ D E _ T _ _ I _ _

Rachel: - Come on, guys! Gimme some letter!

Josh: - Your turn, Steph.

Steph: - Are you sure? I can still get it wrong.

Josh: - So what? If it's to lose, we're gonna lose together!

Rachel: - Time is running out... - She teased.

Steph: - Alright. Letter R!

Rachel brought the pen to the paper and filled in the missing letter.

Game:

A _ B _ D E _ T _ R I _ _

Josh: - Hey... It's coming! I'm about to remember the word!

Steph: - I know what it is!

Rachel: - Say it loud and clear, Steph.