After the Fright

Arcadia Bay - Time not identified

Max's P.O.V

After that horrible and scary moment at the junkyard, we all went down the road together to Chloe's house.

Along all the way, I could feel that my heart was still beating fast and out of control because of the strange moment we had earlier today. It felt like having a super bomb exploding repeatedly inside my chest. It was as if I was still there, witnessing all that unexpected brutality in the junkyard.

That scene was so terrifying and scary that I no longer had any doubt that everyone's heart was beating at the same speed. Especially Josh's.

As I looked at Chloe, I noticed that her hands were shaking non-stop as she held that wheel. In my opinion, I think she is more frightened by Josh's scene than by the fact that Rachel is alive.

Max: - Chloe... - I said while touching her right arm.

Chloe: - W-What? - She said while taking a mild scare.

Max: - Calm down, okay? It's over...

Chloe didn't answer. Instead, she shivered again and her breathing became more panting.

Max: - I know that all of this must be very strange for you, but I need you to stay calm. We didn't know it was going to happen.

Chloe: - I know, Max... But it's just that-

Before she even finished talking, Chloe froze. But soon after, she managed to recover and continued to speak.

Chloe: - Fuck, did you just see what just happened?!

Max: - Yes... I saw it.

Chloe: - I just saw two ghosts from the past appear in front of me and I almost lost one of them for the same reason as before!

After that, I remained silent and waited for Chloe to let it all out. But as soon as she did that, she started to shake even more.

Chloe: - I-I... I paralyzed, Max... - She stammered, still traumatized. - I saw my angel almost being taken from me again and I paralyzed... It was all so fast...

Max: - Calm down...

Chloe: - And then... W-When that shitty bastard pointed that knife at R-Rachel...

Max: - It's okay, Chloe... It's over. - I said as I slid my fingers down Chloe's arm. - The nightmare is over...

After that, we continued on our way in silence for a few minutes.

>> Sometime later >>

Josh: - What have I done?

Max: - What?

Josh: - Why did I do that, Max?

Max: - No, Josh... Stop. It wasn't you.

Josh: - But I-

Max: - You know very well that it wasn't you, Josh... It was HE who did all that, not you.

Rachel: - What do you mean? - She asked extremely confused. - What are you talking about?

Max: - I'll explain that later.

Upon hearing this, Rachel looked at me with a slighty upset face. I only realized that she was like this after a long time, because she was still a little scared.

Max: - I promise you, Rachel... I'll tell you everything that happened as soon as we arrive.

>> Sometime later >>