Dungeons and Dragons - Part 1

Blackwell, Main Courtyard - 01:16 pm

Josh's P.O.V

After opening the game guide, Steph began to tell the story.

Steph: - Once upon a time, in a huge maze of fire, there was a great minotaur named Duurgaron.

Mikey: - Oh no... Did it have to be fire? I only brought my air runes, nothing related to fire.

Steph: - Mikey, let me tell the story.

Mikey: - Oh. Sorry.

Steph: - As I was saying... Duurgaron, the minotaur, devoured anyone who dared step into his maze of flames. But he didn't do it just because he was evil, but because he needed to protect something that every living being in that world wanted.

Rachel: - And what is it?

Steph: - A majestic Golden Fleece.

Mikey: - Wait, a Golden Fleece? This wasn't supposed to be now!

Steph: - That's what is written here.

Mikey: - Hm... How strange. I thought the Golden Fleece would only appear at the end of the campaign.

Steph: - Maybe there's a plausible explanation at the end of it all. - She said adjusting the guide. - The Golden Fleece is an object capable of healing anything, as well as raising the dead. Besides, the Golden Fleece offers a single wish to the being who finds it. However, it can only be used if some other being joins the being that found it.

Rachel: - Hm, I think I got it... This "Duurgaron" was the first being to find the Golden Fleece and he took it to his maze, but he couldn't use it because he didn't have anyone to join him.

Steph: - That's right.

Josh: - And let me guess. It has to be a person Duurgaron has loyalty to or something to be activated, right? 'Cause now it makes perfect sense. Duurgaron couldn't find anyone he could trust, so he kept the Fleece so no one could use it. He's probably begging for some being to enter the maze just so he can test him or her and see if they're faithful or not. And if that being isn't faithful, he will exterminate it from his maze.

Steph: - Wow! You got everything right! What was that?!

Mikey: - Wait, what did he say? I didn't understand anything Josh said, can someone explain it to me?

Rachel: - I suspect Josh Stones has already played this game...

Steph: - I confess that it was kinda scary, but now I liked it! Do we have a wise elder in our clan?!

Josh: - Believe it or not, this is my first time playing this. It's all about interpreting and creating. I could just be wrong with this whole theory and it wouldn't make any sense.

Rachel: - Yeah. I think it makes sense.

Steph: - Anyway. - She said looking back at the guide. - Many didn't dare challenge Duurgaron simply because they were afraid to face him. Some said he had the ability to send any soul he annihilated into the void of existence, a place where there is neither heaven nor hell. But nobody knew for sure. No one survived and came back to tell the story.

Mikey: - Wait! So does that mean that if my character is killed by Duurgaron and sent to the existential void, I won't be able to use it anymore? Even if he is resurrected by the Golden Fleece?

Steph: - No, you won't. The Golden Fleece only resurrects souls that have gone somewhere after death. It doesn't have the ability to resurrect something that doesn't even exist anymore.