On the way to Los Angeles

Chloe's House - 11:23 am

Max's P.O.V

As soon as we arrived at Chloe's house, she chose to stop in the street instead of in front of the garage. After that, she stared at the car's odometer while thinking.

Max: - It's time, Chloe. You need to decide.

Then Chloe looked at me but didn't respond.

Max: - I'll let you think. - I said while getting out of the car. - In the meantime, I'll be checking the bags.

Rachel: - You don't have to do this if you don't want to, Chlo. But if you think this is the right thing to do, then do it. - She said getting out of the car. - We'll wait for you outside.

Josh: - We are with you, Chloe. Whatever your choice. - He said also getting out of the car.

Chloe's P.O.V

After everyone got out of the car, I started to remember everything that I went through in this town since I'm aware of myself. Everything went through me like a big flashback, showing me all the happy moments and all the sad moments. All the moments of anger, all the moments of calm and even the moments of being high.

Chloe's thought: No matter what I decide. No choice will make me happy.

Before leaving, Max left her notepad with a pen on the passenger seat next to me.

Choices:

>> WRITE THE LETTER.

>> DON'T WRITE THE LETTER.

Chloe's thought: But if I'm leaving forever, then that's the right thing to do. My mom deserves to know the truth. I need to do this!

Then I took my hands over to the notepad on the other seat and picked it up. The front page was all scrawled, so I had to move it forward until I found a blank one.

When I found it, I placed the notepad on my lap and opened the pen.

And then, I started writing the letter.

Josh's P.O.V

While Max checked the bags at the back of the truck, Rachel and I watched the street.

Rachel: - Who would say that one day I would finally leave this shitty town behind... - Said the blonde as she looked at the horizon.

Upon hearing this, I took my gaze to Rachel, but didn't answer.

Rachel: - My dream will finally come true... I never thought I would get the chance to leave here.

Josh: - Looks like it's finally going to happen, right?

Rachel: - Thanks to you. All of you.

After that, I continued looking at the horizon without saying anything.

Rachel: - You're the best friends I've ever had, Josh. The best friends anyone could have. I don't know how life didn't introduce you to me before!

Josh: - Well... Maybe you're just being humble-

Rachel: - No, there's nothing humble about it, Josh! I'm serious! Super serious!

Josh: - Ok. - I easily agreed, as incredible as it may seem. - I believe you.

Rachel: - Great.

After she said that, Rachel took her eyes back to the horizon. After a few seconds, I decided to strike up a conversation.