The Presentation

Blackwell Academy - 11:08 am

Josh's P.O.V

As she pulled Chloe across the stage, Rachel approached me and placed her in front of me.

Rachel: - Josh. - She said as she put her hands on her waist. - I want you to meet Chloe Price, the most badass, amazing girl this world has ever seen.

As she said that, Rachel stood there on purpose and waited to see what our reactions would be when we finally met.

Chloe: - Uh... Hey, man.

Josh: - Hey.

Rachel: - Oh, come on! Don't do this to me! I've waited my whole life for this moment to happen and you guys have that simple and lifeless chat?! Interact!

Chloe: - And what did you want me to say?

Rachel: - I don't know, anything!

Josh: - Isn't "hey" enough?

Rachel: - Of course not!

Chloe: - I don't see any problem with that.

Rachel: - At least pretend! Act, improvise, do anything!

Chloe: - Hey, you're the Drama Queen here. If there's someone who needs to pretend something, it's you, Rach.

Rachel: - I may be good, but I don't pretend all the time. - Said the blonde while crossing her arms. - I mean, I used to pretend a lot before, but it's not real. It's called staging. It's all a lie.

Chloe: - Were the things you told me in our friendship a lie too?

Ok, tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this. Chloe seems to be attacking Rachel in the least direct way possible, throwing out every argument she can find until she confesses something. And worst of all, she seems to be right about most. Sorry, Rachel. But it's the truth.

Rachel: - Uh... Chloe?

Chloe: - Yeah?

Rachel: - Is there something wrong? Is there something I should know?

Chloe: - No, I don't see anything wrong here. Can you see something wrong here, Josh?

Josh: - Not that I know of. - I said as if I wanted to stay out of this.

Rachel: - Hm... - She said while watching Chloe suspiciously. - There's something fishy going on here.

Chloe: - It might just be you, Rachel Amber.

At the same time, Principal Wells appeared on stage and adjusted the microphone while clearing his throat.

Wells: - Hello, hello... One, two, three, testing... - He said poking the microphone twice. - Ok, this is good.

Then Wells straightened his tie and spoke again.

Wells: - Ladies and gentlemen, come closer! Take your seats and get ready. We are about to start the opening of the camp week.

After that, everyone got up from the benches and approached the chairs. Then they sat down.

Josh: - We better find a place to sit.

Rachel: - Alright! - She said turning to us. - You guys won for now, but don't think I forgot what you just did. You guys WILL still get to know each other! I'll make sure of it!

Chloe: - Whatever. - She said as she stepped off the stage. - Let's take a seat already 'cause I don't feel like standing.

Then we went to the last chairs on the left and sat down. All the others who were there sat down too and were silent.