The Prescott Barn

Prescott Barn - 05:55 pm

Josh's P.O.V

Upon arriving, Jefferson parked his car at the entrance to a barn and went out the door. As soon as he moved to the trunk, someone else got out of the car with him.

Josh: - Wait a minute... Is anyone with him? - I said when backing up the car.

Noah: - Oh shit...

After finding a good spot, I stopped behind a big bush and got out of the car. Noah also got out and accompanied me in silence until we arrived on a big tractor near the barn. As soon as we approach that old, rusty tractor, we crouched and watched the scene.

Nathan Prescott was the person who was with Mark Jefferson. I kind of knew all along that he was there, I just didn't want to believe it.

After Nathan went to the back of the car, Jefferson opened the trunk and looked at Rachel. After watching her for a while, he pulled her out of the car and took her into the barn. With that, Nathan closed the trunk and followed him.

Josh: - Come on, we can't let them out of sight! - I said while getting up and running quickly to the barn.

Noah: - Wait! Wait, dammit! Are you crazy?!

When we arrived in front of the barn door, we saw that they had locked it with a huge chain. I could even try to unlock the door with those two clips I carried in my pocket, but the lock was turned inwards. It wouldn't work even if I had the key to this place.

Upon realizing this, we went around the place and looked for some other entrance.

Noah: - Man, that was very easy... Don't you think it could be a trap or something? I think they already know we're here!

Josh: - Whatever it is, I don't care.

Noah: - Hey, think about what you're saying! - He said taking my shoulder. - We can die if we get in there! Who knows what this guy does to people!

Josh: - If you want to leave, feel free. I'm not going to let him hurt Rachel.

After looking hard, we found a small hole in the side of the barn and removed some metal objects that blocked our path.

After this, I crouched down and went through that hole in the wall. As soon as I passed, Noah stood there for a moment, thinking about what he was about to do.

Josh: - Are you coming? - I spoke inside the barn.

Noah: - I don't know man, I have a bad feeling about all this...

Josh: - Well... I confess that I too. But I'm not going to let Rachel be abused by that son of a bitch. He has to pay for what he did to her.

Noah: - But what if it all gets fucked up for us?

Josh: - If it all gets fucked up, then fuck it... I won't give up that easy.

Noah: - What do you mean by that?

Josh: - Ever heard of that saying "Sometimes, we have to sacrifice ourselves for the people we love"?

Noah: - Uh, so you love Rachel?

Josh: - You understood what I meant, Noah... - I said with a sigh and a roll of my eyes.

Noah: - But what if that person doesn't love you? Have you ever thought about it?

Josh: - If this person doesn't love me, then what does it matter? I have nothing to lose.

Upon hearing this, Noah didn't respond.