The Dark Room - Part 1

Dark Room - 06:12 pm

Josh's P.O.V

After we almost got caught because of the steel door, we left that black couch and went to the curtain. Then we carefully observed everything that was going on inside. Our view was kind of limited, so soon we would have to find a better way to see it all.

Discreetly, I opened a small part of the curtain and took my eyes to the other side so that I could see better.

The place really looked like a photography studio. On the walls were several grotesque paintings of women with cut throats, bloody bodies or torture marks. Always women.

Nathan was sitting on a sofa, with his back turned to us, while he watched some objects that were on a glass table in front of him. Jefferson was checking some equipment while wearing a transparent glove, probably not to leave fingerprints.

Up ahead was Rachel, unconscious and passed out on the floor. The place where she was lying was all covered with a type of white plastic accompanied by some spotlights turned directly on her. The perfect setting for a "photographic psychopath" to take advantage of his victims.

After fixing his camera, Jefferson took a silver tripod and positioned it in the center of the room, opposite Rachel.

Nathan: - Mr. Jefferson?

Jefferson: - Yes? - He said extremely concentrated on the tripod.

Nathan: - You said that one day my time would come.

Jefferson: - Yes, that's what I said. Is there a problem with that?

Nathan: - N-No, sir. It's just that I... - He said, afraid to say. - D-Don't you think it would be my time now?

After hearing this, Jefferson stopped fixing the tripod and turned to Nathan.

Jefferson: - Nathan... I said your time would come, but I didn't say it would be now. Be patient.

Nathan: - B-But I can't wait for too long, Mr. Jefferson.

Outraged, the teacher moved even closer to Nathan.

Jefferson: - Wrong. You MUST and WILL wait. I know what's best for you, Nathan... And you're not ready. Not yet.

Then Jefferson moved away from him and came towards the curtain.

Jefferson: - I have to get something I forgot in the car. Be quiet and don't do anything stupid. I won't be long.

After that, Jefferson started to approach the curtain. If we didn't hide at that very moment, he would catch us.

Again, Noah and I ran over to the couch and hid behind him. As soon as Jefferson crossed the curtain, he went to the door and unlocked it. After passing it, he closed it and went up the stairs.

Noah: - It's time to act, Josh! Let's deal with Prescott before that asshole comes back!

Josh: - No man, are you crazy?! We can't do that now!

Noah: - And why not?!

Josh: - Imagine if Jefferson comes back and sees us? Or if we do something wrong and Nathan starts screaming like crazy?! He can come back anytime!

Noah: - Ok, genius! What do you intend to do then?

After that, I looked for a quick solution and spoke again.

Josh: - Leave it to me.

Behind the couch we were on, there was a small passage to the curtain. We could watch from there without being seen, if we were lucky.

As soon as I saw it, I walked over to it with extreme caution and watched Nathan through the curtain.

And then, Rachel finally woke up and started to moan. Seeing such a situation, Nathan got up, picked up something on the table and headed over to her.

Josh's thought: Holy shit... What is this guy going to do?!