The Portfolio

Classroom - 07:21 am

Josh's P.O.V

As Rachel sat down in her chair, I drew two conclusions about her:

1: She wasn't late for being on the board because the Principal Wells himself is here in our classroom. There's no reason why she was there today.

2: She came running from somewhere because her hair has never been this messy. Maybe she hasn't noticed yet.

Now I just need to know one thing. Where were you, Rachel Amber? I know I'm getting involved where I shouldn't, but now I can't help it. There's something wrong with all of this.

After sharing some of his teaching background and talking about honor, Jefferson finally finished his speech and greeted Principal Wells again.

Wells: - Again, it's a pleasure to have you here with us. Good luck, teacher.

Jefferson: - Thank you for your support, Mr. Wells.

After that, the Principal left the classroom and closed the door.

Jefferson: - So! - He said turning to the class while taking a binder from a table. - I think everyone here knows me, right?

The whole class just stared at him without saying anything. Then the teacher went to a table in the middle of the room and sat on it.

Jefferson: - Right! Now tell me. Does anyone here know what a Portfolio is?

Suddenly, a girl with fancy clothes and short hair raised her hand so Jefferson could see her.

Jefferson: - Speak.

???: - A Portfolio is a list of jobs by a professional, a company or a student. It's a collection of all the work in progress in the organization related to the achievement of business goals. Every organization has a Portfolio, even if they don't specifically recognize it.

How long did it take you to memorize all that?

Jefferson: - Hm... Impressive! Apparently you're the famous know-it-all in the classroom, am I right? - He said convinced. - Your name?

???: - Victoria Chase.

Jefferson: - A round of applauses for Miss. Chase!

Everyone clapped and Victoria started being full of herself. I hate people like that. She's definitely from the Vortex Club.

Jefferson: - Very good. Now, can anyone tell me what types of Portfolios exist in the world?

Once again, Victoria raised her hand. However, she was interrupted by Rachel, the other know-it-all in the classroom.

Jefferson: - You, in flannels shirt. - He pointed at her. - Speak.

Rachel: - There are two types of Portfolios in the world: the physical and the digital. The physical Portfolio is where the illustrator goes to an agency or publisher, with his briefcase in hand, and presents it directly to his employer. Unlike the digital Portfolio, which is prepared and presented through digital technology itself.

I expected that from her.

Jefferson: - Bravo! Impressive! You must be Miss Amber, right?

At that moment, I noticed that Victoria looked at Rachel with an angry face as if she was upset that she had stolen her scene. Here's something I didn't know: Victoria Chase is jealous of Rachel Amber. It wasn't too hard to figure this out as she made a "I'll get you on the way out" face at her.

Rachel: - That's right. Rachel Amber.

After that, Jefferson kept looking at Rachel without saying anything at all, which was odd, since he must be continuing his content.