Adapt or Get Lost

Chloe's House - 06:52 pm

Josh's P.O.V

After that, we started doing several things together. Chloe and Max talked while looking at some photos from an old family photo album, and Rachel and I stood beside them listening to music.

I remember Rachel taking a comb and using it as a microphone, singing the song as she rested her left arm on my shoulder. With the rhythm, Max and Chloe started to sing with her. I just watched the three of them together, having a great time.

After that, Chloe asked us to wait and quickly left her room. When she returned, she had a little surprise in her arms.

Chloe: - Who wants to paint the whole fucking thing?!

Max: - Like the old pirate days...

Chloe: - Arrrr, is Long Max Silver ready for another adventure?!

Max: - At your service, Captain Bluebeard!

Seeing this, Rachel started laughing out loud.

After a few minutes, we took some old brushes that were kept in Chloe's attic for almost an eternity and made several drawings on the big canvas.

Chloe chose to pick up her classic black pen that she always used to make her graffiti in different places.

As soon as I picked up a brush, I drew a big fire on the right side of the canvas.

Chloe: - Hey, Josh... Did you take a course on vandalism or something like that? 'Cause that was perfect!

Josh: - It's called imagination. It's something I learned from a special person recently...

Rachel: - Like old times, huh? - She said looking at the big fire I had drawn. - Or should I say "old times from another reality"?

Then, Chloe looked at us both without understanding what we were talking about. Then she went back to doing more graffiti on the canvas.

>> A few minutes later >>

Night was coming and we could already smell the "Mrs Joyce's Special Banquet" coming under Chloe's room door.

After we had a lot of fun, Chloe got up and went to take a hot shower.

Meanwhile, Max, Rachel and I went down to the kitchen. And so, we found Joyce on the way to the stairs.

Joyce: - Oh, great! I was just going to call all of you to eat. - She said when she realized that there were only three of us. - Where's my Chloe?

Max: - She said she needed a hot shower before coming to eat. She probably must be "brainwashing", as she always says.

Joyce: - Hm... Not that I don't agree with that, because a hot shower is good for the mind, but Chloe is too big to be talking about that kind of thing. However, I still love her.

Saying this, Joyce turned and went down the stairs.

Rachel: - So do we, Mrs Joyce.

Max: - All of us.

Then we followed Joyce into the kitchen and sat on the dining table chairs. Joyce served us with her special food and immediately went to the garage to talk to David.

It were just the three of us sitting at the kitchen table. Max and Rachel started talking to each other while eating and drinking natural grape juice. It looked like they were pretending that I'm not here.

Josh's thought: What the hell am I still doing here?

>> Sometime later >>