The Skate Championship

Blackwell, Halls - 09:32 am

Josh's P.O.V

As soon as we left the classroom, we made our way through the halls. When we arrived at a sports court, we spotted Justin with his guys planning something between them.

Justin: - Oh, finally! I thought you wouldn't come anymore. You guys took a fucking long time.

Josh: - But we're here.

Justin: - Yeah. I can tell.

Then Justin cut that weird moment. He didn't seem to care much about what he was about to do now.

Justin: - You know what? Fuck the PE class. Let's all go outside and show who's the boss in the tricks championship and nobody's going to stop us.

Josh: - Alright. We're in.

Justin: - You guys probably don't want to be those fresh meats that everyone looks at and talks bad about, right? So listen to what I'm going to say now: whatever it is, don't screw up. One mistake and everyone starts booing you. But if you guys do something they like, everyone will like you pretty quickly. People here like that kind of thing, so listen to what I'm saying!

Noah: - Ok! Got it!

Justin: - The guys on the other team are kinda tough, so be careful not to get into a fight. They are from a biker gang of the south side, so you can imagine what each of them is like.

Josh: - Right. Anything else we should know?

Then Justin and the guys in the group made a circle and placed their hands in the center, one on top of the other. After that, Justin nodded his head telling us to do the same.

Justin: - Now that we have two new members, our group is officially formed! You guys were what was missing for the group to be complete! Now we can show who's the boss for that bunch of leather-jacketed motherfuckers!

As soon as we placed our hands in the center, everyone made a kind of battle cry.

Everyone: - GO DRAGONS!

"Dragons"? What the fuck?

Josh: - Uh... Dragons? Didn't you guys have a better name?

Justin: - The entire school has teams named after animals, so why can't we have one to represent our skate group as well? As far as I know, it isn't a crime to do so.

Josh: - Alright then.

Noah: - But isn't dragon a mythological being?

Justin: - Yeah, so what? Bigfoot doesn't exist either.

Josh: - You never know.

Instead of keeping contradicting us, Justin just dropped the subject.

Justin: - Ok, that's all! Let's get out of here! - He shouted with his skateboard in hands.

After that, we left the sports court and headed towards the back of the school, in another courtyard that I had no idea existed.

There were many people sitting on a lot of stone benches, everyone chatting until the tournament started. I wasn't expecting this many people, so I concluded that everyone at this school really enjoyed skateboarding championships. Did they all skip class just to see this championship? I didn't know if was going to put myself into hot water, but I knew I would do my best.

Justin: - Yo, dumbasses! Get over here! - He shouted to some guys in the other side of the place.

Then some guys in leather jackets approached us and looked at us with a cold, creepy stare.