Post-Nightmare

Camp - 12:34 pm

Josh's P.O.V

After a disturbing moment, Rachel and I went down the stairs and went to the kitchen. When we arrive, everyone who sat at the table looked at us.

Noah: - Geez, man. You look like shit.

Josh: - You don't say... - I said while pulling a chair.

Then I sat on one of the chairs around the table and rubbed my face. I had some annoying dark circles that closed my eyes every second.

Around the table were Noah, Jessie, Dana, Steph and Mikey.

Jessie: - Damn... What happened to you, Josh? - She said as she put some cereal into a bowl. - Looks like you stayed up all night.

Josh: - It's just nightmares... - I spoke with a sigh. - Nothing more.

Jessie: - Nightmares?

Josh: - Yeah. Don't you have it?

Jessie: - It's been a while since I had one.

After that, Jessie turned to Noah and put some cereal into his bowl.

Noah: - Alright. - He said while picking up a spoon. - Time to eat!

At the same time that I went to rub my hands over my face again, I was interrupted by Dana who immediately caught my attention.

Dana: - You too?

Josh: - What?

Dana: - Are you also having these weird dreams?

Josh: - Uh, I thought I was the only one around here.

Dana: - Looks like we're in the same boat... Yesterday I had a very strange nightmare.

Josh: - How was yours?

Dana: - I was inside a weird hospital wearing clothes that I had never seen before while being taken to a kind of bed by some weird doctors.

Josh's thought: Did she have the same dream as me?! It can be!

Jessie: - Uh... "Kind of bed"? You mean a stretcher, right?

Dana: - Yeah, a stretcher, whatever.

Steph: - You look like a zombie. Like, seriously.

Mikey: - A zombie that has been killed and that got up again!

Then Dana turned to look at Rachel.

Dana: - What about you, Rach?

Rachel: - What about me?

Dana: - Did you have any other stranger nightmares or something?

Rachel: - No, it was just that time. It didn't happen anymore.

Steph: - Wait... Since when did Rachel have a nightmare? I didn't hear about it.

Rachel: - It's been a while, Steph. I'm better now.

Josh: - What happened next, Dana?

Dana: - Then, they took me to a kind of strange corridor, full of crazy people hitting themselves and screaming. It was horrible!

Josh: - And after that?

Dana: - After that, they stopped me in front of a big door and waited for it to open. But as soon as I looked back, everyone was gone! It was like, very scary!

Rachel: - Do you know what's funnier in all of this?! - She interrupted. - Josh just had that same dream!

Noah: - Wait, what the fuck is this? There are dream connections now, huh? Can I participate too? I want to be part of this game!