The First Goal

Rachel's House - 09:11 am

Josh's P.O.V

As soon as we got to Rachel's house, we all got out of the truck.

Max: - Ok, you know what to do. Don't be distracted from the plan!

Chloe: - Alright. No dicking around.

Max: - Yes.

After that, Rachel and I parted ways with Max and Chloe and walked around the entire house until we reached a kind of garden that was at the back of the Amber property.

Josh: - So... You said you knew a way in, didn't you?

Rachel: - Yes, I did.

Josh: - Want to tell me what it is?

Rachel didn't answer. Instead, she took a look around the place looking for something.

Rachel: - Where is it?

After a long time of searching, the blonde finally found what she was looking for.

Rachel: - Yes! Found it!

Then Rachel went over to some objects lying on the floor and started to move them out of the way. And there was the "way in" that she mentioned before: A big ladder.

Pffff, is this seriously her plan?

Rachel: - Will you help me get this up or will you just stand there?

Josh: - Wow wow, wait! - I said as I approached her. - Is that your plan? Seriously?

Rachel: - Do you have a better one?

Josh: - No, it's just... This is kind of funny.

Rachel: - I don't see any fun.

Josh: - Pfff... I wonder if this is how you got rid of trouble when you said you used to sneak into your house.

Rachel: - Everyone has a way of getting rid of trouble, Josh. Don't judge me.

Josh: - Ok...

As I approached the ladder, I took it from one side and Rachel took it from the other. Working as a team, we positioned it below the window of Rachel's room and, due to our carelessness, we let it slip and hit the wall outside the house.

Rachel: - Damn! Pay attention, Josh!

Josh: - Hey, you took your hand away!

After that, we watched the place for a while, but, luckily for us, no one came.

Rachel: - Well... I hope you're not afraid of heights.

Josh: - Ladies first. - I said while pointing to the ladder.

Upon hearing this, Rachel looked at me with a "Really?" face.

Josh: - Or maybe not... - I said while going up.

Rachel: - You better go up to the end.

Chloe's P.O.V (Before)

After Rachel and Josh left the place, I headed towards the entrance to the house. However, about to knock on the door, I was surprised by James Amber, Rachel's father.

James: - Chloe?

Chloe: - Oh... Hey, Mr. Amber! - I said while trying to hide my fright as much as possible. - How's it going?

James: - I'm fine, thanks. What are you doing here so early? - He said while folding the newspaper with one hand and drinking coffee with the other.