A New Opportunity

Classroom - 12:04 pm

Rachel's P.O.V (Some time ago)

As soon as Josh left the classroom, Jefferson got up from his chair and paid attention to me.

Jefferson: - Rachel Amber, right?

Rachel: - Yes.

After that, he went to the door and closed it. Then Jefferson came back to me and brought a chair.

Jefferson: - Have a sit.

Rachel: - Thank you. - I said as I pulled the chair towards me and sat down.

As soon as he sat down in his chair, Jefferson reached into a bag and pulled out a yellow envelope.

Jefferson: - Miss Amber, you must be wondering why I didn't let you leave at the appointed time today.

Rachel: - Maybe because you wanted to talk to me about something?

Jefferson: - Correct! - Said the teacher opening the envelope and taking out some pictures. - Do you know what this is?

Rachel: - Uh... An envelope?

Jefferson: - Yeah. - He said laughing. - It is an envelope, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Rachel: - Oh, are you talking about the pictures?

Jefferson: - Exactly.

After that, Jefferson handed me the photos.

Jefferson: - Here. Take a look.

Then I took those pictures and looked at each one, detail by detail.

Rachel: - Hm...

Jefferson: - Why, don't be shy. Give me your opinion, Miss Amber. What do you think?

Rachel: - They're really impressive, Mr. Jefferson. And beautiful.

Jefferson: - Yeah... It wasn't a very easy process, but I would say those were some of the best photos I've ever taken in my entire career.

Rachel: - Wait. Did you take these pictures?

Jefferson: - I did!

Then I went back to looking at those amazing and creative photos. The women who posed for these photos are so pretty and well dressed. I didn't know Mr. Jefferson was so good at what he does.

Rachel: - Amazing...

Jefferson: - I expected this to be your reaction.

After that, we were silent as I looked at photo by photo.

Jefferson: - Don't get me wrong, Miss Amber, but ever since I saw you coming into this classroom, I couldn't help but notice one thing.

Rachel: - One thing? What thing?

Jefferson: - That you're perfect for this project. A project that I created. The project that is in your hands.

Wait. Is this what I'm thinking?

Rachel: - I'm sorry. Did you say "perfect for this project"?

Jefferson: - That's what you heard. - He said getting up. - How could I not notice a girl as beautiful as you who, besides being smart and intelligent, is extremely beautiful and perfect?

Right after Jefferson said those words, I stopped looking at the pictures. I didn't know if this was what he wanted, so I needed to confirm.

Then I looked deep into his eyes and made a teasing smile.