[1.11]

𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞: 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭: 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

______________________

*Genevieve*

Sitting down at the lunch table, I pick at my food as I lean into Theo's side, his arm wrapped around my shoulders as he talks in low voices with Jasper.

"I don't even-" Edward lets out a scoff as he throws down whatever food was in his hand onto his tray. 

I snap my eyes toward him and gently slap his arm, rolling my eyes as I look back at Rose and continue our conversation. Theo was talking with Emmett from his spot beside me, the two laughing loudly as they continued their conversation, attracting a few stares from the surrounding tables. Across from us, Jasper and Alice were both lost in their own little world as they whispered quietly to each other, smiling softly as they glanced over at one another, their arms tangled around each other.

"What is the hell is he doing?" I hiss out, watching as he steps in front of Bella and begins a quiet conversation with her. Theo's arm tightens around my shoulders in an attempt to keep me in my seat and away from Edward.

"Just leave it alone," he hisses, playfully tapping my side. I scoff and roll my eyes leaning back into his side as I continue to watch Edward out of the corner of my eye, Rose doing the same from her spot next to me.

______________________

At some point, I had been able to slip away from Theo's iron-tight grasp, dragging a reluctant Rose along with me as we walked towards the Salad Bar, the two of us minding our own business as we slipped in line behind Edward and Bella.

"-it's just a little crowded," Edward explains, looking down at her intently.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Isabella!" I draw out, stepping up next to her and stopping, ignoring the pointed look that Edward was giving me. "How's your day going?"

Bella jumps slightly in surprise before looking over at me, her eyes wide as she realizes who was standing next to her. "Oh, um, Genevieve, right? And Rosalie?"

I let out a little chuckle as I looked from her to Edward, tilting my head slightly as he met my gaze. "Edward, I heard that Theo wanted to talk to you about something... you should probably go talk with him."

He bit the inside of his cheek before reluctantly turning around and shuffling back towards the table, sending Bella's friends a glare as he passed. Throwing himself into his seat as he turned his gaze towards Bella and me, his face strained as he tried to fight the urge to race back over towards us.

Bella's grip on her tray tightens as she looks up at me, her chocolate brown eyes wide with curiosity as she looks me over. Her heart began to race a bit faster the longer that we started at each other.

"Done staring?" I look over at her as I cross my arms, unimpressed with her so far. She immediately flushed pink as she dropped her gaze to her tray, fiddling with the blood-red apple that sat next to her salad. "You should really keep in your lane. You're a naturally curious person, but that curiosity might just get you into some trouble one day."

By this point, I had turned entirely towards her and was intently meeting her gaze, ignoring the whispers that seemed to flood the cafeteria at our interaction. Everyone recalled what had happened the last time that we had talked, some even expressing their hope that something like it would happen again.