Chapter 8

Meredith senior in HS, Derek senior in college

Ever since Addison came home with Derek, him and Meredith have not been on good terms. They've been civil, but they haven't exactly been friends.

"Meredith?" Michael called from the living room. Meredith left the kitchen and entered the living room. "What's up?" She asked as she sat down next to Mark on the end of the couch. The two boys were once again back home, while Addison decided not to come because she didn't feel welcome, and to be honest, she wasn't welcome. Nobody liked her. They wanted to be supportive of Derek, but Addison was just disliked too much.

"What colleges do you think you wanna apply to? We're gonna help if you wsnt." Michael said. "Um, probably somewhere close." Meredith replied. "You should apply to Dartmouth so you'd be with Derek and I!" Mark exclaimed happily. "Uh, maybe." Meredith replied. "How's Finn doing?" Nancy asked.

"He's fine." Meredith replied as a blush graced her face. "How about you invite him for dinner tonight? It's about time we meet this boy." Michael suggested. "You know, he-he's busy." Meredith stammered. "Then why did I see him ask you out earlier?" Amelia smirked. Meredith turned beet red. "Invite him." Mark said. "Fine." Meredith agreed with a sigh. "I'll make something good." Carolyn said.

Finn agreed to come over, and at about 6, he arrived at the front porch. Meredith opened the door and smiled when she saw him. He handed her a nice bouquet of flowers. "Come on in Finn." She said as she grabbed his hand timidly and pulled him
In.

"Guys, this is Finn. Finn, this is my family." Meredith said to everyone in the living room. "Hi, I'm carolyn." She greeted as she pulled him in for an unexpected hug. "Hi Mrs Shepherd. It's nice to meet you." Finn said with a smile. "Please, call em Carolyn." She instead. He nodded and greeted Michael. "Hi Mr Shepherd." He said as he held out his hand. "Finn." Michael said. He furrowed his brow at the young boy. He didn't like any boy around his little girl.

"Finn, this is Derek and Mark." Meredith said. Derek and Mark gave him stern looks before hesitantly shaking his hand. "Dinner is ready." Carolyn said as she ushered everyone in the dining room. "Be nice." Meredith warned to Derek, Mark, and Michael.

They sat down and the interrogation started. "So Finn, what do you want to be when your older?" Michael asked. He knew the andwer, but he wanted the boys to pry into him again. "I want to be a veterinarian." Finn replied proudly. "A vet?" Mark asked in disgust. "Yes, a vet." Finn replied calmly. "Strike number 1." Derek muttered under his breath. Meredith heard that and smacked him under the table.

The night went on, and while the women found Finn charming, the guys did not. Meredith walked Finn outside and closed the door.

"Sorry about that. They can be a little overprotective at times." Meredith said with a nervous chuckle. "That's okay. Thank you for having me." Finn said as he grabbed her hand and caressed it lightly. Meredith smiled softly and locked eyes with him. He brought his hand up and gently cupped her face and leant in. Meredith opened her mouth slightly in anticipation and he pressed his lips softly against hers.

He pulled away and admired her flushed cheeks. He laughed softly. "You're adorable." He said. Meredith laughed, still star struck by her first kiss. "I'll see you around, Meredith." Finn said. "See ya." Meredith said as she watched him walk off to his car.

Little did she know that she had an audience looking through the window.

Meredith opened the door and saw many questionable gazes. She sat down on the couch and waited for them to say sometning. "How was your first kiss?" Amelia asked. Merediths face flushed red and she smiled. "What do you guys think of him?" Carolyn asked. "I domt hate him. But I don't like him." Michael said. "I domt like him." Mark said.  "Well I think I can speak for the girls when I say we like him." Carolyn said with a laugh.

Derek was on the opposite side of the couch, seething with jealously. He did not like seeing Meredith kissing another guy. And It wasn't the brotherly overprotective thing either. He was jealous that Meredith was with someone else other than him.

"Derek?" Meredith asked. He looked up. "I don't like him." He said softly. Meredith nodded. The girls like him, but the boys don't. She didn't know what to make of that. "Well, I'm off to bed then." Meredith said. "Wait!" Carolyn said. "Thank you for introducing us to him." She said with a smile. Meredith returned the smile. "Love you guys." Meredith said as she went upstairs.

"Derek, how's Addison?" Mark asked. "Fine." Derek replied. "I'm going to bed." Derek announced as he stood up and walked upstairs. "What's up with him?" Michael asked. "I think he's a little jealous." Mark admitted. "I knew it." Carolyn said with a smile. "How much you wanna bet their together within a few years?" Mark asked. Everyone laughed.

Derek got upstairs and opened the bathroom door only to reveal Meredith, who just came out of the shower, wrapped tightly in a towel. Derek suppressed the urge to look her wet, small body up and down and kept eye contact. "Sorry!" Derek yelled as he shut the door.

Derek made his way back to his room in awe of what he just accidentally walked in to. He tried to clear the image in his mind, but her lithe body was all he could think of. To try to attempt to clear his mind, he put on the football game and relaxed in bed, thinking about something different. About how his feelings for Meredith have changed drastically, and what he would do about it.

Meredith on the other hand, was mortified when he walked in. She noticed his pained expression whe he tried not to check her out. She quickly changed into her pajamas and walked back into her room. She couldn't stop thinking about Derek.

Quick update everyone! I'm sorry for not uploading too often for the past week, I've been crazy busy with school and sports. I'll get some out this weekend though, I only have 2 games.