Chapter 41

A week later, Meredith and Derek were finally able to move into their house. Mark came over and helped them with the boxes.

"Can I do sometning?" Meredith asked. Derek still was being overprotective and hovery like how he was after she was shot. "No. You need to rest." Derek said sternly as he lifted another box.

"Derek, it's been almost a month and a half. I'm fine, so let me help." Meredith insisted. "Fine." Derek said. She grabbed the box from the truck and began walking to the new house.

They had not received their furniture since it had only been a week, so the house was all empty except for the boxes that littered the house.

They shuttled the boxes in the house for hours, before they decided it was time for a lunch break. Meredith, being the 'hospitable' fiancée, ordered pizzas for the men and herself.

"Remember when I was in I think 3rd grade, and you were in kindergarten, when We both told mom we were moving out and buying our own house because we couldn't have chicken nuggets for lunch?" Derek asked with a smirk.

"And she made us have carrots instead?" Meredith said with a giggle. "No more carrots for us. Chicken nuggets all we want." Derek replied jokingly. "Okay, this is getting a little too nostalgic for me. Pizzas here." Mark cut in with a smirk.

•••

After their lunch, they got back to work. Meredith was getting a little sore and tired though, which was an affect of her pain meds that she still took. They were light, but Derek made sure she took them when needed.

"Take a break, Mer." Derek said. "I can help." Meredith tried. "I know it's been a while, but your tired and sore. Please sit down." Derek replied softly. Meredith rolled her eyes but nodded.

She plopped herself down on the couch and took a deep breath as she watched the guys haul boxes back and forth. Derek looked hot; plain and simple.

He was wearing jeans and an old tshirt, and he was sweating. The sunlight hit him in just the right spot, and Meredith was definitely enjoying the view.

Meredith decided to call Carolyn since she was bored. "Hi dear, how are you?" Carolyn asked. "I'm bored and we're moving into the house but Derek won't let me help." Meredith said.

"Why won't he let you help?" Carolyn asked with a frown. "I'm just a little tired...and sore...so he's making me sit down. But I'm really bored." Meredith replied sheepishly.

"Oh, dear, you know he's just doing the protective thing again. Why don't you invite one of your friends from the hospital over?" Carolyn asked.

"I don't really have many friends from the hospital outside of it." Meredith admitted. "Hmm." Carolyn hummed. "I could come over if you wanted. Michael is out right now and I'm not doing anything." She offered.

Meredith debated this for a moment. "Oh, that's okay mom." She replied. "Are you sure?" Carolyn asked.

"Mer!" Derek yelled. "I'm sure. Derek just called for me, so I have to go." Meredith said. "Oh, okay dear. I'll talk to you later. Love you both." Carolyn answered. "Love you too." Meredith said before hanging up.

•••

Meredith stood up and walked outside to the truck. "The ice cream truck came and I got you a hoodsie. I'd deliver it to you but Mark had to leave and I need help on this last box." Derek explained.

Meredith had to giggle at this and took the hoodsie cup. "I'm sure the cashier was surprised to see two grown men with no kids." She said with a laugh.

"Hey, I love the ice cream truck. We bought it all the time as kids." Derek defended. "My manly neurosurgeon fiancée." She giggled, making fun of him. "I'll show you manly." He said, putting down his ice cream and picking her up.

She wrapped her legs around his waist and he kissed her deeply. Meredith pulled away, panting from the kiss. "Is that manly enough for you?" Derek asked against her lips. Meredith chuckled and kissed him once again.

He put her down and smirked at her flustered appearance. "Let's get the last box now and then we can finish that kiss." Derek said.

•••

They carried the last box inside, and true to his word, Derek and Meredith did end up finishing that kiss. 

"Am I still manly?" Derek asked as she laid her head on his strong bare chest. "Very manly. My manly man." Meredith murmured sleepily. "I wore you out. I did my job right." Derek said proudly.

Meredith giggled. "We can almost live in our new house. Maybe with a bed soon." She said. They were currently laying on an air mattress on the floor.

Derek laughed and held her closer. "Soon. Get some sleep. It's been a long day." He whispered to her. "I love you." Meredith said. "I love you too."

First sleep in the new house.

Hey guys! I hope uoy all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. As always, if you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them! Sorry for the kinda short chapter.