Chapter 19

A few days later, Meredith was getting discharged from the hospital. She had her leg casted. "Okay Shepherd, take her home. Grey, take it easy. Don't walk on that leg unless you have to. I know it'll be annoying but you need to let it heal. Your on crutches for at least 3 weeks, got it?" Bailey asked sternly.

"Yes dr Bailey." Meredith mumbled. "Good. I'll see you later. Shepherd, you took time off right?" Bailey asked. "I did." He confirmed. "Okay. Then I'll see both of you later." She said before leaving. "Let's go home. I'm dying here." Meredith begged. Derek chuckled and nodded.

He helped her out of the bed and into the wheelchair with her crutches close by. "Let's go home." He said softly. "Let's go home." She repeated.

They arrived back at Merediths apartment and slowly got inside. Thankfully, there was an elevator, which made things a lot easier. "This sucks." Meredith mumbled as they entered her apartment. "I know." Derek replied as he sat her down on the couch gently and propped her leg up on a mountain of pillows.

"You want anything to eat?" He asked. "Can I just have a sandwich please?" She asked, holding back a yawn. "Tired?" Derek asked with a smile. She nodded. "I'll make you a sandwich. You can eat it whenever." He said as he kissed her softly before standing up and walking to the kitchen.

Derek quickly made up a quick turkey and cheese sandwich before walking back into the living room, finding his girlfriend fast asleep. He chuckled to himself and put the plate on the coffee table. Sitting down next to her, he wrapped his arm around her and she unconsciously snuggled into his side. He flicked on the tv and relaxed while watching some baseball.

A few hours later, Meredith woke up again. "Hi." She said sleepily. "Hey sleepy head." He said as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "My back hurts." Meredith complained. "Stand up for a minute and stretch." He said as he helped her up. Meredith stretched her back as Derek helped her balance on one leg.

"Here's your sandwich. And some soda." Derek said as he held the plate and drink out to her. She smiled and dug in. "Hungry?" He asked, amused. Meredith blushed and smiled. "Shut up." She muttered. "Want to do anything today?" Derek asked thoughtfully. "I can't exactly move." Meredith replied with a giggle.

"Movie, maybe?" He suggested. "Sure." Meredith said. "You still like Doc McStuffins?" Derek joked. Meredith rolled her eyes. "How about.... Jaws?" Derek suggested. "Sure." Meredith said with a shrug. Derek queued the movie and up pressed play. He draped a blanket over the both of them and Meredith curled into his side.

Midway through the movie, they were interrupted by a call. "Hey mom." Derek said as he answered the phone. "Your on speaker, meredith is with me." He added. "Oh, Meredith how are you feeling?" Carolyn asked. "I'm good mom." She replied. "Are you sure? Dad and I can come over and-" "I'm okay mom." Meredith cut in with a giggle. Carolyn sighed. "Okay. Derek, you better be taking good care of her." She said.

"He is Mom." Meredith replied. "Who you talking to honey?" A voice came through the phone. "Meredith and Derek." Carolyn replied. "Oh, hi guys! How you feeling sweetie?" Michael asked. "I'm good dad." She replied. "Your resting right? Elevating that leg?" He asked, kicking into doctor mode. "Yes, dad. Derek won't let me move, I promise." Meredith laughed.

Once Carolyn and michael hung up, they resumed their movie. "I gotta pee." Meredith whispered. Derek chuckled and paused the movie. He bent down and lifted her into his arms. "What are you doing?" She asked in surprise. "Bringing you to the bathroom." Derek said simply. "Why?" She asked. "So you don't have to stand up and walk around. Now, let's go." Derek replied as he walked to the bathroom. Meredith chuckled and relaxed.

He dropped her off near the toilet and waited outside of the bathroom, knowing that if he tried to stay in she would flip out. He heard the toilet flush and the sink turn on and he entered. "Don't think that when I'm able to walk I'm letting you do this." She warned. "Okay." Derek replied with a chuckle as he scooped her into his arms once again and walked back to the couch. 

They finished the movie and moved to their bedroom, Derek carrying Meredith up again. "Tired?" He asked as he kissed her forehead. "Mm, all this movie watching made me tired." She mumbled. "It's the drugs. And you've had a long couple of days." Derek replied as he propped her leg and and laid in bed next to her. She shifted so that her head was resting on his chest and sighed. "Take a nap. I'll be here." He said softly. "Love you." She mumbled. "I love you too." He replied.

Hey guys!! So this is def a short chapter and a filler, but I hope you guys still enjoyed. If you have any ideas please feel free to drop them. Hope you guys are all doing well!'