Chapter 40

Meredith and Derek woke up one day. Today they were going to finally be able to see their house. "Good morning." Derek said, kissing her neck.

"Good morning." She replied, turning in his arms. "We get to see our house today." He said softly. "We do. What time are we meeting the realtor?" Meredith asked.

"Around 11." Derek answered. The two of them got up and got themselves ready. Meredith dressed herself in a pair of light wash jeans and a sweater and Derek dressed him self in dark wash jeans and a zip up sweater.

He made Meredith a quick breakfast of eggs and toast and they ate in a comfortable silence.

Once they both finished eating, they got into their car and drove to the house.

It was located a few miles away from the hospital. They pulled up in the driveway and saw the realtor standing there. "Hi Dr Grey, Dr Shepherd. My name is Adam, and I'll be giving you a tour of your house." Adam explained with a smile.

"Thank you." Derek said as he led them into the house. "So, we'll start with the kitchen. It's pretty simple, but it's gorgeous with the marble countertop.  Dr Grey, do you like cooking?" Adam asked.

Derek scoffed. "She can't cook a piece of toast. I do like to cook though." He said with a smile. "Shut up!" Meredith exclaimed, hitting him playfully.

"And here we have the living room. There's plenty of space for a nice sofa and a coffee table if you chose, and above the fireplace is a good place for a TV. The wooden floors give it a nice modern touch to it." Adam explained.

"I love it." Meredith said softly. "Oh, you haven't seen the bedrooms and master bathroom in person yet. Just wait." Adam said.

They did the 1st floor first and then moved on to the second floor. "So, we have 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms. I'll show the master bathroom first assuming that one will be yours." Adam said.

They walked Into the master bedroom and their jaws dropped. For a house that was so in budget, it was fairly spacious. "As you can see, it's pretty big for a king or queen bed, a few dressers, And the walk in closet over here." Adam said.

"Two sides for the Mrs and Mr. the light is right here, and the attic is also accessible through this chain." He explained, showing them the walk in closet with two sides, shelving along the whole thing.

"This is really nixe." Derek commented. "It is. Built only a few years ago as well." Adam agreed. "And the bathroom." He moved on, walking into the room.

It was gorgeous. There was a marble tile on the floor, and a light grey paint. The tub was big, just as Meredith pictured it. Their shower had a glass door, and 3 shower heads. "Holy crap." Meredith muttered.

A few minutes later, they exited the bathroom. "And now the three other rooms. They're all practically the same. Adam led the two to a slightly smaller room, that was plain with the same Grey color on the walls. The bathroom also had glass showers, but no bath.

He continued to show the rest of the house, and in the end, Meredith and Derek were both very pleased. "When can we move in?" Derek asked. "Probably In a week or two. There's still some paper work needed to be filled out, but it's done for the most part." Adam replied.

"Awesome. Thank you Adam." Meredith said. "Anytime. You guys enjoy your day. Thanks for choosing me to be your realtor." He said genuinely.

•••

Meredith and Derek went home in awe. Their house was everything they wanted it to be. "We get to move in soon." Meredith said excitedly. "Yes we do." Derek said, hugging her tightly.

"25 years ago we were playing in the sandbox together. Now we're getting married and buying a house. Can you believe it, Der?" Meredith asked, resting her head on his chest.

"I always knew you were the one." He replied. Meredith pulled away slightly and pressed her lips to his lightly. Derek kissed her back and smiled. "Want to look for furniture?" He asked.

"Yes. I'll grab my computer and meet you on the couch." Meredith replied as she ran off.

Minutes later, she returned and plopped down next to him. She went to Bernie and Phil's website and looked at Derek. "What first?" She asked.

"Probably start with the living room and work our way up to the bedrooms." Derek replied. She nodded and looked up couches.

"What color?" Meredith asked. "Probably a light grey, since the walls are that blue/Grey color." Derek replied. Meredith filtered their selections and began looking through.

"What about that one?" Derek asked, pointing to an L shaped sofa, that looked very comfortable. "I like that. Would it fit?" Meredith asked. Derek checked the measurements on it and nodded. "That should be good." He said. Meredith nodded and put the item in her cart.

"Now what?" Meredith asked. "Coffee table?" Derek suggested. Meredith nodded.

They finished up the shopping for the living room, adding the couch, the coffee table, a new tv, and a carpet to the cart and then moved on to the dining room.

Eventually, they had bought items for all of the rooms, and mereditj bought some decor. Before they knew it, it was time for bed.

They climbed into bed and kissed each other Goodnight. "Love you." Derek said. "Love you too:" she replied.

Hey guys! Currently writing this on a plane again so pray for me. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed This Chapter and  hope your all doing well. If you have any suggestions for future chapters feel free to drop them.