Chapter 45

Today was the day. The very big day. Today, Meredith and Derek were finally getting married.

She woke up with a big smile stuck to her face. "Mer! It's your big day!" Lizzie squealed. Lizzie, Nancy, Kathleen, Amelia,  Carolyn, izzie and Cristina  all slept over at the house, while Derek slept at marks house.

"Dont do that. That happy bridesmaid thing. It's weird. And creepy." Meredith said. "You're not excited?" Carolyn asked. "I am. But I'm more excited for the actual marriage, not some silly wedding." She admitted.

"Oh, that's sweet." Lizzie gushed. "Okay ladies, we have 4 hours until the ceremony. Let's get ready to go to the hotel we rented out to get ready." Carolyn said, obviously in full wedding mode.

"Mom, we can wait a little bit. I need some coffee first, so give me like 20 minutes, okay?" Meredith asked with a chuckle.

Carolyn sighed but nodded.

•••

Derek woke up and made his way doenstiars. Today, he was getting married to the love of his life. He dreamed of this since he was a kid.

"Hey, big day!" Mark exclaimed as he drunk his coffee. Derek chuckled. "Yeah." He said, picturing Meredith in her dress at the altar.

"You ready for this? Got your vows and everything?" Mark asked. "Yes Mark." He answered. "Hey, it's my duty as best man to make sure everything is good on your part." Mark said.

"It is. I've been dreaming about this.....forever." Derek admitted. "We know, Shep." Mark replied as he patted his brother on the back.

•••

The women got to the hotel nearby that they rented out the ballroom area and walked inside. "Hi guys! I'm Stacy and these are my co workers, kylie, Jamie, and stefanie. We're going to be doing your guys' hair today." A tall dark haired woman said with a smile.

The hotel was lined with a few mirrors and seats so everyone would be able to sit down while they got ready.

"Who's the bride here?" Stacy asked. Meredith smiled. "I am." She said. "Happy wedding day! Now, we should get started. The wedding is in." She said,  checking her watch. "3 and a half hours."

Meredith and the girls were told to dress first. The bridesmaids and maid of honor were wearing a light pink dress, and Carolyn was wearing a cute black and blue dress.

"Looking great ladies. Nice selection Bride." Kylie complimented as she admired the dresses. "Where's our bride?" Jamie asked.

Meredith came out of the changing room with a big smile. "Oh, Meredith." The girls gasped. Carolyn smiled at her soon to be daughter in law, tears in her eyes. She remembered when Meredith used to always dress up in big swirly dresses, and now she is once again, marrying her son.

"You look gorgeous, sweetie." Carolyn whispered. "Yeah?" Meredith asked. "You do. Beautiful." Lizzie said happily.

•••

Derek, Mark, and his groomsmen both went to the same hotel, with a rented out spot that was smaller. "Already Boys, my name is Evan, and I'm your stylist for the day. Tuxes are over there, all named, so why don't you all get changed? Can I speak to the groom to be?" Evan asked.

"Hi, I'm Derek Shepherd." He introduced himself. "Yes, Derek. Your tux is over there near the mirror. I just wanted to say congratulations before we get started with the hair and everything." Evan said.

"Thank you." Derek replied.

"Derek!" Michael Shepherd exclaimed as he walked in. "Dad." Derek smiled, hugging him. "How are you feeling son?" He asked. "I'm great. Nervous, but great." He answered.

"That's normal. Congratulations, Derek. Your mother and I are so proud of you and Meredith." Michael said.

All the men changed into their suits and each of them cracked a beer. "Looking sharp Shep." Mark complimented. "Thanks." Derek answered.

"Mr Shepherd, gentlemen, can we start hair? I'm going to start with the groom." Evan interrupted a few minutes later.

Derek sat down in the chair and Evan went to work. "How would you like it?" He asked. "Just natural, with a little product. I did most of it this morning." Derek answered.

Evan tussled his curls and finished quickly. Dereks hair was always flawless, so there wasn't much to be done.

He went on the to test of the men, and then it was time. Guests took their seats and Derek stood up at the altar, waiting anxiously for Meredith to walk down that isle.

Derek saw his mom and father in the crowd and smiled. Then, the song came on.

Meredith walked down the aisle carefully, making sure not to trip and fall. Derek had tears in his eyes as Meredith smiled at him.

"Hi." She whispered as she met him at the alter. It was a beautiful day out, the sun was setting and the waves were crashing. "Hi." Derek said, choked up.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're gathering here today to celebrate the marriage of Dr Meredith Grey and Dr Derek Shepherd." The priest began.

The priest went on for a little while, until it was time. "Do you, Meredith Elizabeth Grey, take Derek Christopher Shepherd as your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health?" He asked.

"I do." Meredith whispered, squeezing dereks hand.

"And do you, Derek Christopher Shepherd, take Meredith Elizabeth Grey as your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health?"

"I do." Derek said. "You may now kiss the bride." The priest said.

Derek leant in first and met merediths lips. The kiss was an explosion of passion. The Cheers, the waves, the seagulls chirping all faded away. It was just the two of them together.

Meredith pulled away and smiled at him. "We're married." She whispered. "Forever." Derek replied.

The two of them walked down the aisle through cheers and got to the limo that would take them to their reception party.

The newly wedded couple and guests got to the house and began partying. The first dance was magical. Everything was amazing about it.

"I love you so much, Dr Grey." Derek whispered as they danced together. "Dr Shepherd." Meredith corrected. "Really?" He asked.

"Reallt. I love you too, Dr Shepherd. Forever."

"And always."

Hey guys!! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hope your all doing well. Next chapter is going to be the last with an epilogue. Thank you all for reading.