Chapter 26

Since Derek told off Addison in the stairwell, Meredith and Derek had been doing well. Dating for a few months now.

Today Derek, Meredith, and Mark were all going to have a family day at the Shepherds. Carolyn had invited them over this weekend.

They got up around 9 and quickly got ready. "Marks coming, right?" Meredith asked. "He is." Derek replied as he kissed her softly. "Ready to go?" He asked. "Yeah." She replied. "Mark, let's go!" Derek yelled.

Mark quickly hurried out of his room, pulling his shirt on over. "I'm coming. God." Mark scoffed. Derek and Meredith chuckled before heading out to the car.

They arrived at the shepherds 20 minutes later and walked up, Derek and Meredith hand in hand, Mark following behind. "Hi guys!" Carolyn exclaimed as she ushered them all in.

"How are you guys?" Michael asked as they all sat down on the couch. "We're good dad." Meredith replied. "Mark, what were you thinking?" Carolyn asked. Mark immediately looked down in shame. "I wasn't." He said. "It's not a big deal anymore." Derek cut in.

Carolyn scoffed and then gave Mark a playful slap on the arm. "So, what's new at the hosptial?" Carolyn asked. "Not much." Derek replied. "Addison came to town." Mark blurted. Carolyn and michael turned to Meredith and Derek in surprise. "She did?" Michael asked. "Yeah. But she's leaving. Soon I hope." Derek replied with a nervous chuckle.

"And you should've seen her yell at Mer the other day." Mark said. "She yelled at you?" Carolyn asked, eyes widened. "It was fine." Meredith replied weakly.  "She yelled at you?" Carolyn asked louder. "Mom, it was fine. I'm fine." Meredith said. "I never liked her anyways." Carolyn scoffed.

Meredith chuckled and looked to Derek. "So Mer, how's the internship going?" Michael asked. "It's good. Hectic, but good." Meredith replied. "I bet. How's your leg?" He asked. "Oh, it's pretty much back to perfect." She said with a smile. "Good." Michael said.

"Derek, mark, can you help me in the kitchen?" Carolyn asked politely. The boys stood up and followed her into the kitchen. "You boys are made up, right?" She asked. "Yes mom. Mer made us." Derek replied with a laugh. "That's my girl. I'm glad to know your both still friends." Carolyn said genuinely. "How's Meredith doing? After everything?" She asked.

Derek inhaled and smiled. "I think she's doing good. Nothings bothering her anymore medical wise." He replied. "That's good. Let's go back. I'm sure Mer will love these cookies." Carolyn said with a smile.

Derek sat down next to Meredith and kissed the side of her head gently. It was still a little awkward to kiss in front of Carolyn and michael, but it was getting better. "So how's everything else going? Anytning good surgeries?" Christopher asked.

"Not for me. Just some appy's lately and whatever Derek lets me scrub in on." Meredith replied. "We actually had a cool corpus callosotomy the other day. Mer did great." Derek praised with a smile. "I always knew you'd all be doctors." Carolyn said proudly.

The day went on with conversation, and eventually before they knew it it was already 8pm. "Bye mom." Meredith said as she hugged Carolyn. "Bye honey. Be safe and don't let that evil witch bother you." She said with a firm smile. Meredith giggled. "I wont." She replied as she hugged michael. "Take care of yourself kiddo." He said as he kissed her forehead and let her go.

"Bye guys." They said as they exited the house. They piled into the car and went home. "Mom called Addison a witch." Mark said, making everybody laugh. "Oh, I love them." Meredith said with a happy sigh. "They're great." Derek agreed.

They got home after dropping Mark off at the hosptial as he has the night shift and went inside. "We should buy a house." Derek blurted. "What?" Meredith asked in surprise. "We should buy a house." He repeated. "I- really?" Meredith asked.

"Yeah. I love the apartment, I do, but-" "It's not really a homey place. I know. I wanted to get a house but I didn't have the money. and I still don't have the money." Meredith replied. Derek sighed. "We can get a loan or sometning. Or I can pay for it." Derek replied.

"No. I'll get a loan then. I- we should get a house." Meredith said. "Really?" Derek asked, surprised by her reply. "Yeah. I love you. It's time." Meredith said with a simple shrug. Derek wrapped her into a tight hug and smiled. "We can start looking in a few weeks if you want." He offered. "Okay. But now, I'm exhausted. Mom sure loves to talk." Meredith said with a giggle.

They got in bed and curled into each other. "We should get married too at some point." Meredith mumbled sleepily. Derek grinned. "I'd like that." He said as he pressed a kiss to her neck. "Love you." Meredith whispered. "Love you too."

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing well!