Chapter 23

A couple weeks later, on a rainy Seattle day, Mark Sloan made the decision to move to Seattle again. He packed up all his things, sold the practice, and moved. Addison and him had broke up a few weeks after Derek left, so she was just staying there.

He arrived in Seattle Grace Hospital and walked in. He had known Derek worked there, and he knew he wasn't going to be happy to see him.

Spotting a familiar petite blonde, he made his way over to her. "It's been a long time." He said into her ear. Meredith turned around at the voice and her jaw dropped in shock as she saw her childhood best friend.

Instinctively, she pulled him in for a big hug. "Mark!" Meredith exclaimed as she pulled away. "Hi Mer." He said. "You're an idiot!" She said angrily. Mark sighed. Derek must've told her. "I know." Mark said sadly as he put his head down.

Derek came around the corner and froze when he saw his girlfriend talking to Mark. Derek composed himself and walked over. "Derek." Mark said as his eyes went wide. Derek saw red and his fist collided with marks cheek. "Derek." Meredith said softly in shock. "Stop! Shepherd, Sloan, Grey, to my office now!" Richard yelled.

Mark picked himself off the ground and followed Meredith and Derek to the chiefs office.

"What's the deal with you three?" Richard asked as they all sat down. Derek took a deep breath. "He was who Addison cheated on with." Derek said. "And you punched him because..." Richard trailed off in realization. "Sloan, Shepherd punched you because he's dating Grey and he was jealous." Richard said as an explanation.

"You two are dating?" Mark asked in surprise. They both nodded. Mark smiled. "I- good for you." He said, seeming genuine. "Can you two control yourselves and not kill each other?" Richard asked. The men both nodded. "Good. Sloan, go get sutured up. Both of you, go back to work." Richard said.

Mark, Meredith, and Derek all left the office. "It's about time you get together." Mark said with a smirk. Derek shot him a angry glare and Mark looked away. "Okay boys. I don't want to deal with this for the rest of my life. Go make up." Meredith ordered. "But-" Derek started.

"No! You two were best friends. Mark slept with your wife and now your with me. Things change. But that doesn't mean you stop being friends after bad things happen. So go sit down and at least talk. Now." She said angrily. The boys rolled their eyes but nodded, watching as she walked away.

"So." Mark started cautiously as they sat down at a table. "You slept with my wife." Derek said. "I did." Mark agreed. "I'm sorry about the punch." He said. "I deserved it. I bet it felt good." Mark said with a chuckle. Derek nodded. "Why was Mer limping?" Mark asked in concern. Derek sighed. "She got into a little accident a while ago and tore her ACL. She's okay, it just gets sore soemtning. She just recently stopped having to wear a brace." Derek explained. Mark nodded. "So you and mer, huh?" Mark asked with a smile. Derek nodded, not being able to hold back the smile. "She's always been the one." Derek admitted.

"I'm sorry I slept with Addison." Mark apologized genuinely. "I forgive you. It helped...in a way I guess." Derek said. "You never wanted to marry her did you?" Mark asked. Derek shook his hand. "I just wanted to feel something because I couldn't have Mer." He replied. "Do you love Mer?" Mark asked. Derek nodded. "I'm happy for you." He said honestly. "Thanks." Derek replied.

"You know we really hurt her when we all moved to New York." Mark said. "I know. We shouldnt have done that. We shouldn't have told her like that." Derek admitted. "Mom said she was lonely." Derek whispered sadly. "Mer wasn't good with making friends." Mark said.

"I've loved her forever." Derek said. "We all knew Derek." Mark replied. "How's Addison?" Derek asked tentatively. "Uh, she's fine I think. Still has her practice." Mark replied. "Good." Derek said genuinely.

They chatted for a while until Meredith came over to them, ready to go home. "Are you boys done?" She asked tiredly. "Yes Mer." Derek said as she stood up and kissed her softly. "Good. Let's go home. Mark, I'm assuming you have no where to stay so come over." Meredith offered. Mark was surprised at first, but then nodded.

They all went home and caught up during the drive home.

Meredith ordered some pizza for everyone once they got to the apartment and when it came, they sat down on the couch and watched some tv. "So Grey, how did you afford this apartment?" Mark asked curiously. "I worked a lot during school." Meredith said with a shrug. "Nice." Mark complimented.

Mark watched as Derek held Meredith in his arms while they watched a movie and smiled to himself. He did a terrible thing to Derek, but he doesn't regret it. He knew Derek always loved Meredith. He was giving himself an excuse, but by sleeping with Addison it gave Meredith and Derek that push to be with each other.

Halfway through the movie, soft snores came from Merediths mouth. "She still snores?" Mark asked amused. "All night. It's cute though." Derek said with a quiet laugh. He paused the movie and lifted Meredith into his arms. "I'll be back." He said. Derek carried her to their bedroom and tucked her in gently. "Love you." He said as he kissed her forehead.

Derek went back out into the living room and Mark was standing up. "I'm gonna turn in." He said quietly. "Okay. Second room on your right." Derek said as he pointed. "Okay. Thanks Shepherd." He said with a smile. Derek nodded.

He climbed into bed next to Meredith and pulled her close. Meredith cuddled into his chest and sighed happily.

The McBrothers are back.

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them. Hope your all doing well'