Chapter 35

A few days had past from the shooting, and Meredith was still in a good amount of pain and she was exhausted.

Meredith was more aware of her surroundings though. She knew what was going on, and she wasn't sedated or on morphine anymore, per her request, just on some other pain killer that didn't make her as loopy.

Derek had been a godsend. He tended to her every need, and refused to leave her side.

"Hmm Der?" Meredith mumbled sleepily. "What's up?" Derek asked as he stood by her bedside. "Have to pee." She said.

Derek smiled and helped her sit up. She was still very weak, but was insistent that she did not have a catheter, much to dereks dismay. He didn't want her in any more pain than necessary.

Meredith wrapped her arm around dereks waist, leaning practically her whole body weight on him. Her little grunts of pain and deep breaths in made dereks heart break. She was clearly hurting a lot.

All Derek wanted to do was scoop her up into his arms and coddle her. But no. That stubborn woman.

Derek all but carried Meredith to the bathroom and left her in there to do her business. He heard her whimpers, and it took all he had not to go in and help her.

He heard the water turn on and turn off and he was back at her side. "I'm fine." Meredith insisted, her breaths coming out sharp.

"You're not." Derek sighed as he helped her back to the bed and got her settled in. He grabbed a nasal cannula and set that up. "I don't need it." Meredith complained.

"Mer. Please be honest with me. Because I know you do need it. You're out of breath just walked to the bathroom, and that's completely normal for being shot a few days ago. Be honest with me and yourself, please." Derek said.

"Now, how bad is it? A scale of 1-10."

"9." Meredith whispered. "Oh, Mer. Why didn't you tell me?" Derek asked. "I didn't want you to think I was weak."

"You are not weak, Meredith Grey. You're the strongest woman I know. Will you let me page Bailey and ask for morphine?" He asked softly. Meredith nodded.

Bailey came in soon after and administered the morphine. "You are a patient now. You need to be honest with your pain level and how you're feeling. Got it Grey?" She asked sternly.

"Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Just be honest. We just want you to be comfortable, you know that right?" Bailey asked in a softer tone.

"I know." Meredith replied, her eyes fluttering shut. "Sleep. I love you." Derek whispered as he smoothed back her hair. "Love you too." She mumbled.

•••

"How's my favorite dirty mistress?" Marks voice boomed as he entered the room. Derek had asked him to watch Mer for a little bit.

"Markie!" Meredith exclaimed with a cheesy grin. "Are you drugged up mer?" Mark asked with an amused smile.

"Nooooo." Meredith slurred. "I think you are. How are you feeling?" Mark asked. "Amazing."

"Really?"

Meredith nodded. "Meredith! How are you honey?" Carolyn asked as she and Michael stepped into the room. "I'm so good."

"Morphine?" Michael guessed with a smile. Mark nodded. "Where's Derek?" Meredith asked suddenly. "He's cleaning himself up. Do you want me to get him?" Carolyn asked politely.

"Noooo I just wanted some sex." Meredith replied, in a whole other world. Mark laughed at her bluntness and Michael and Carolyn just smiled awkwardly. They didn't really want to hear about Merediths sex life. Especially with their son.

"Sorry Grey, that's gonna have to wait." Mark said. "Whyyyyyy?" Meredith moaned. "Why what?" Derek asked as he came into the room.

"Good luck. Mom dad and I will be around." Mark said with a grin as he gave his brother a Pat on the shoulder and led everyone out.

"What's going on?" Derek asked worriedly as he took a seat on her bed. Meredith, instead of verbally responding, grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him in for a deep, passionate kiss.

"Oh." Derek said with a smile against her lips. She was really high again. Meredith pulled him on top of her, but Derek was sure to not lay any weight on her.

"Mer. You're in the hospital. You know we can't." He said lightly. "But I feel fine." Meredith replied. "That's because your drugged up, whether you want to admit that or not. If we...do it, it's going to hurt you. And I'm not doing that."

"Fine. Will you lay with me then?" Meredith asked with a smile that made his heart melt. "Sure. How about we put on that Criminal show you like? I brought my iPad."

Meredith nodded. Derek climbed into the small bed beside her and she rested her head on his chest, burrowing into the crook of his arm.

"This one? Criminal minds?" Derek asked as he went on netflix. "Yes."

Derek put an episode on and held her close, careful not to touch her incisions. "I have a thing for dereks." Meredith said with a giggle. "Isn't that Shemar Moore? I'm hotter than him." Derek argued.

"You're my mcdreamy. He's my...chocolate thunder." Meredith laughed. Derek rolled his eyes at her antics and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them! Hope your all doing well!